Anime Expo happening in LA revealed the trailer for Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War anime at Viz Media‘s panel. The trailer focuses majorly on Quincy’s prophecy in the series. According to the prophecy the Quincy King regains his glory as he destroys the world. Thus, revealing that the villains in the latest arc will be quincies.
The trailer also revealed that the anime will start airing on October 2022.
Check out the trailer here.
In addition, the panel also revealed the new Key visual for the anime.
The upcoming anime will complete the remaining entirety of the manga up to the last chapter. An advanced screening of the first two episodes will be held in September.
Tite Kubo author of the series has also revealed he will overlook the development of the series and the fights. He also added he will be extending some of the battle sequences which he couldn’t do in the manga years ago due to health and time constraints.
Although most of the staff remains same there are few changes such as Tomohisa Taguchi will be replacing Noriyuki Abe as director of the series at Studio Pierrot. He will also be scripting the series along with Masaki Hiramatsu.
Additional staff includes:
- Chief Animation Directors: Michio Hasegawa Sei Komatsubara, Kumiko Takayanagi
- Action Effects Animation Directors: Satoshi Sakai, Yoshihiro Kanno, Yong Hoon Chong
- Art Director: Yoshio Tanioka
- Art Design: Toshiki Amada
- Color Design: Saori Goda
- Editing: Akinori Mishima
- Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
- CG Directors: Toshihiro Sasaki, Kazushi Goto
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
- Sound Production: Zack Promotion
- Character Designer: Masashi Kudo
- Music Composition: Shiro Sagisu
The cast includes:
- Masakazu Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryū Ishida
- Yuki Matsuoka as Orihime Inoue
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Yasutora Sado
- Kentaro Ito as Renji Abarai
- Shinichiro Miki as Kisuke Urahara
- Satsuki Yukino as Yoruichi Shihōin
- Binbin Takaoka (replacing Masaaki Tsukada) as Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto
- Houko Kuwashima as Suì-Fēng
- Shouto Kashii as Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi
- Aya Hisakawa as Retsu Unohana
- Masaya Onosaka as Shinji Hirako
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Byakuya Kuchiki
- Tetsu Inada as Sajin Komamura
- Akio Ohtsuka as Shunsui Kyōraku
- Tomokazu Sugita as Kensei Muguruma
- Romi Park as Tōshirō Hitsugaya
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Ryusei Nakao as Mayuri Kurotsuchi
- Hideo Ishikawa as Jūshirō Ukitake
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibē Hyōsube
- Yōji Ueda as Ōetsu Mimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura as Tenjirō Kirinji
- Rina Satou as Senjumaru Shutara
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Yuichiro Umehara as Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Askin Nakk Le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Yūki Ono as Bazz-B
- Yumi Uchiyama as Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Satoshi Hino as Lille Barro
The series will also include returning cast from Bleach: Brave Souls game.
The Thousand Year Blood War arc is the final arc of the manga, and covers volumes 55-74.
Bleach is a Japanese anime television series based on Tite Kubo’s original manga series of the same name. It was produced by Studio Pierrot and directed by Noriyuki Abe. The series aired on TV Tokyo from October 2004 to March 2012, spanning 366 episodes. The anime adaptation includes original storylines not found in the manga with repeated appearances and stories containing these original characters.
Viz Media obtained foreign television and home video distribution rights to the Bleach anime in March 2006. Bleach was broadcast in the United States on Adult Swim from September 2006 to November 2014.
Bleach follows the adventures of the hotheaded teenager Ichigo Kurosaki, who inherits his parents’ destiny after he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper—a death personification similar to the Grim Reaper—from another Soul Reaper, Rukia Kuchiki. His newfound powers force him to take on the duties of defending humans from evil spirits and guiding departed souls to the afterlife and set him on journeys to various ghostly realms of existence.