Once watching anime was nerdy and dorky. It still is, but thanks to the likes of Henry Cavil and Elon Musk, being a nerd and watching anime is now cool. This just adds to the ever-growing popularity of anime all over the world. Over the years, there much great anime have been produced having a wide variety of genres, BEAUTIFUL animation, and strong engaging stories. Be it shounen, sports anime, or a simple slice of life we are ready to bet there is an anime out there to get you hooked and bring out your inner otaku.
One of the most important reasons for the popularity of anime is the great well thought characters and their epic bone-chilling cool dialogues. Here are the 100 best anime quotes of all time to remind you why we love anime.
Top 100 Best Anime Quotes Of All Time
Gol D. Roger, One Piece
- “Inherited Will, The Destiny Of Age, The Dreams Of Its People. As Long As People Continue To Pursue The Meaning Of Freedom, These Things Will Never Cease!”
Gol D Roger is one of the most eccentric anime characters in all anime. His outlook on life is something that has inspired many of us in real life.
Not to forget his life in One Piece anime inspires people to become Pirates and become like him. Thus such a man will obviously be very wise. Hence he gave us one of the best anime quotes of all time.
2. “Justice Will Prevail, You say? But Of Course, It Will! Whoever Wins This War Becomes Justice!”Donquixote Doflamingo (One Piece)
Doflamingo is one of those anime characters whom you love to hate. His character is filled with sadism. He enjoys hurting people and loves watching them in agony.
Thus this quote of his holds a great resemblance to his character and also showcases his outlook on life. Thus it ends up on our list of one of the best anime quotes of all time.
3. “Life is like a pencil that will surely run out, but will leave the beautiful writing of life.”Nami (One Piece)
A Robinhood-type character from One Piece who stole from others to protect her own. Which means she did things that she may not be proud of in her life.
Thus her encounter with life is also filled with deep philosophical ups and downs. This led her to give us one of the best anime quotes of the entire One Piece series.
4. “Being lonely is more painful than getting hurt.”—Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
The protagonist of the series touched hearts and changed the people around him. His carefree nature and ability to quickly form bonds and love deeply give Luffy’s character a depth that many shounen anime MCs lack.
Luffy may seem silly and dumb but his heart is in the right place and this grants him a near morally correct perspective on how one should live their life. And since he loves deeply and knows the pain of loss, Luffy gave us one of the most epic anime quotes of all time.
5. “Neither God nor the Devil can give aid to those without the will to fight”– Brook(One Piece)
Brook is an undead character from One Piece who has “lived” a really long life. Thus he is bound to happen a lot of expertise when it comes to fighting and human psychology which is clearly displayed here in the above quote.
Thus landing his quote in our list of best anime quotes of all time.
6. “Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.”– Nico Robin (One Piece)
This quote from Robin reminds me of human history and how those who never learned from their past mistakes are bound to repeat their mistakes.
Look at world governments in reality or yourself in the mirror going back to reply to the chick/dude who hasn’t texted you for weeks. Hence, this quote makes a perfect entry into our list of best anime quotes of all time.
7. “The world isn’t perfect. But it’s there for us, doing the best it can….that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.”– Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
This philosophy may hold true when it comes to nature and humans (sometimes). Because God knows humans are capable of things better left for daily news headlines.
But the last part of the quote is the glimmering hope, the silver lining to the dark clouds. And that hope is what makes life beautiful. Hence, this quote makes a perfect entry into our list of best anime quotes of all time.
8. “Comrade isn’t simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It’s the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, feel free to lean on me… and I too, will lean on you as well.”– Mavis Vermillion (Fairy Tail)
Friendship is one of the best relationships a person can have. Because unlike our family we can choose our friends and they can help us be the better version of ourselves. Idk if you have read this quote or not but it is damn true: “Company maketh the man”.
That’s why friends are important but it is important to choose good friends as well. And in friendship there’s always give and take, sometimes you give more and sometimes you get nothing at all but you know they are there for you. Hence, this quote makes a perfect entry into our list of best anime quotes of all time.
9. “We know our weakness. Now what will we do? We’ll get stronger! We’ll get up and fight!”– Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
Fairy Tail is one of those shounen anime that follows the shounen formula to the T. It has great fight scenes, amazing music, a hand full of ecchi-ness, and a truckload of Nakama no chikara. Not sure if that’s correct but you the point.
It is a series wherein the protags get stronger just because their friends believe in them and they in their friends.
Although, cliche, the formula works and gives us some epic moments in the series. The above quote is also from one of the best quotes in the series and hence, it slides in perfectly into our list of best anime quotes of all time.
10. “I won’t run, I will stand and look ahead to what I must do, I must face the fear, I won’t let it control me anymore, I will use my heart that holds my courage and my bravery to move me forward to what I must do.”– Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)
This quote made me look at myself for the things I am doing and what I am supposed to do in life. It inspired me to move forward at any cost and continue doing my duties. That’s why it has found a spot in the top 10 best anime quotes of all time.
11. “Fear is not evil. It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder.”– Gildharts Clive (Fairy Tail)
This quote holds true when it comes to mental weakness but for physical weakness, you gotta hit the gym bro! Just Kidding. This quote is true on so many levels, it helped most of us to be able to acknowledge the pain of others and their struggles and be kind towards them knowing that you yourself were once in that position. That’s why it is amongst the list of best anime quotes of all time.
– Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
- “I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am the truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!”
If this moment in Dragon Ball history didn’t give you goosebumps it means either you are not born between the era of 80s- 90s or you have bad taste. This scene has defined the Shounen genre throughout all these years to come until today. Hence this moment is one of the best moments in all anime and the quote is one of the best anime quotes of all time.
13. “I’m fine, except… It’s a terrible day for rain”– Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood)
There’s nothing more to say about this moment from FMAB. It was raining so heavily that day that Captain Mustang the Fire Alchemist and we were totally rendered useless. I have no shame in accepting that it was raining that day at the place where I was on the planet. That is why this quote has to be there in the list of best anime quotes so that we all can share our umbrella with Captain Mustang.
14. It’s just pathetic to give up on something before you even give it a shot.”– Reiko Mikami (Another)
That’s what my mother says to me every time she tells me to do something and I turn it down without even trying cuz I am a lazy bum. Since this reminds me of my mother, I have added this quote to the list of best anime quotes of all time.
And yeah, something about this anime as well it is kinda scary and gory. It will give you PTSD about carrying an umbrella even in heavy rain, stairs, and dolls.
15. “There is nothing shameful about being different from others. This is your character! Ann’s red hair is really beautiful, just like the color of red spider lilies in their full bloom. Red really suits you. You should have more confidence in yourself.”– Vincent Phantomhive (Black Butler)
IF only people could be this supportive in this entire world the way Vincent was. This quote hits when you realize the things that are happening in our world and the division it is causing amongst us humans. Hence I am adding this quote here in the list so that we can make this world a better place.
16. “Words are cheap. There’s no guarantee she won’t tell anyone. Humans lie without a second thought. Including me, of course.”– Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler)
TBH I think Dumbledore will disagree with Ciel here, especially the first part of the quote will make Dumbledore tumble into his grave. However, this quote was added to this list due to the very fact that it possesses duality in it. Although, the show has demons and stuff in it who carry out their promise made in the contract to the T.
However, Ciel saying that words are cheap is also true for humans. I absolutely love this duality in this quote and the series. Or maybe I am overthinking, however, I love this quote and it has made it into the list of best anime quotes of all time.
17. “Moping around with sadness and sorrow… what will come of it? Even dead people can do that. However, I’ll live and stand on my own two legs. If we are going to die one day, wouldn’t it be better to have no regrets?”– Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler)
Ciel sometimes has a way with his words I’ll say. He is absolutely right when he says it is better to die without regrets. Even in all religious texts, it is said that if you have no regrets you spare yourselves eternity in hell i.e. if you have lived your life without committing sins.
This quote explains to us how to live our lives without being affected by our surroundings and keep on doing our job. It is the crux of eastern religions and this quote explains it well enough for young one’s like you and me. Hence, this quote made it to the list of best anime quotes.
18. “There’s nothing more deceiving than an obvious truth.”– Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler)
This is absolutely true. I’ll give you an analogy, you are getting late and you cannot find your socks so you scream out to your mom to ask her where is it. She screams back saying it’s right there in front of you. You try to look for it and yet you cannot find it.
You scream back saying you can’t find it, your mom comes into your room and picks up those socks right in front of you from the place where she said they are. You are baffled and amazed for the truth was right in front of you yet you were deceived by it.
I know it is a bad analogy but you get the point. If you don’t give me a better analogy that describes why this quote needs to be there in the best anime quotes list in the comment section.
19. “The world isn’t something that is all planned out. It’s something you make yourself.”– Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)
It’s like Naruto saying you make your own destiny to Neji during the Chunin arc. More or less the same concept and I absolutely believe it to be true. This quote stayed with me until today when I watched xxxHolic millennia ago. That’s why it is part of the best anime quotes of all time list.
20. “Dream your dream! Then, pursue the ideals to make that dream a reality, and someday you will achieve all that you dreamed of!”– N (pokemon)
As Dr Strange said, dreams are a pathway to other universes and if you in another universe can make it then you can do it too. All you gotta do is believe in yourself. One thing I know for sure when I write the list of motivational anime quotes I am adding this from the best anime quotes to that list.
21. Battles aren’t supposed to be heroic affairs. They are not supposed to be fun or exciting, to us every battle is filled with despair, they are dark, horrifying, grizzly. We should fear warfare, avoid it always and whenever possible choose the path of peace.”– Izuru Kira (Bleach)
Every soldier who has fought a battle can relate max to this. War/battles are just words to politicians but the soldiers who fight them are the ones laying down their lives and their families pay for that. This quote reminds me of how close we are to going to war with other people just because some idiot couldn’t keep his ego in check.
If you know some army vets do let them know that their sacrifice was something you can never repay.
It also reminds me to stay humble and always looks for solutions than just gunning away with my mouth and resolving the situation. I have added this quote to the best anime quotes list as a reminder to you and me that we are living a free life at the expense of others.
22. “Sadness is just another wall that blocks you from moving on. I know it’s hard to get past it, but you got to break through.”– Gray Fullbuster ( Fairy tail)
This quote is somewhat similar to what Ciel said above and it rekindled those feelings in me again. Gosh, I am very sensitive. However, again this quote also explains the crux of eastern religions and how one should deal with life. Hence, it has made it into the list of best anime quotes.
23. “Normally, as people love and are loved, they feel happiness. When I am hated by people, that is when I feel happiness. And then I want to tear apart and inflict unimaginable harm to the things I love. But is that really all that strange, I wonder?” – Pariston Hill (HunterXhunter)
Someone give this guy a chill pill. But think of this, we always hurt the people we love the most. So is it strange? Tell me!
24. “It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.”– Hisoka (HunterXhunter)
This quote is deep on so many levels. Think of it this way, you treasure people you love and the moment you find out they cheated on you for whatever reasons they immediately turn to trash. All the gifts and surprises and every memory give you a creepy feeling.
Even if you look at this quote objectively and think of it as having an actual treasure chest, it will turn to trash the moment you start feeling lonely despite having golddiggers around you.
That’s why this creepy dude’s quote has made it into the list of best anime quotes.
25. “You can’t ever win if you’re always on the defensive. To win, you have to attack!”– Light Yagami ( Death note)
The offence is the best defence said Sun Tzu in The Art Of War. Looks like Raito being the intelligent man he was followed it to the T.
This also applies to us in our daily lives, you just have to put up a fight whatever you are against and that will ensure you a victory in most cases. Hence this quote is part of the best anime quotes of all time.
26. “The opposite of boredom is not pleasure… but excitement. People will gladly seek out any kind of excitement, even pain.”– Shogo Makishima ( Psycho Pass)
Again a big-brain quote from the anime world coming from a character with a big brain. This quote goes to all those people who in their boredom turned to ouija boards and regretted it later. Even to those people who choose to jump from a cliff just to get an adrenaline rush. I mean why can’t just staying on the ground be exciting?
That’s why I have added the quote to the list of best anime quotes.
It just baffles me. Also talking about Shogo, he is a nutcase who committed murders so that people could identify the flaws in the system. He didn’t even try to find another path. The only drawback in his entire character.
However, Shinemori is exactly the opposite where she understands the flaws of the system and is trying to change it from within. However, it is fun to see whether she wins or the system. If you have not watched Psycho-Pass definitely watch the series.
27. “Books are not something that you just read words in. They’re also a tool to adjust your senses. When I’m not feeling well there are times that I can’t take in what I read. When that happens, I try to think about what could be hindering my reading. There are books that I can take in smoothly even when I’m not feeling well. I try to think why. It might be something like mental tuning. What’s important when you tune in the feeling of the paper that you’re touching with your fingers and the momentary stimulation your brain receives when you turn pages.”― Makishima Shougo ( Psycho Pass)
Okay, I firmly believe I was possessing Makishima when he said this. Books are my best friends they don’t betray and they always obey you. All the while imparting you with knowledge, isekai-ing you to a different world without having to meet truck-kun. Although, some books give me a hard time, yes looking at you STEM and management books.
However, they are also equally important to read since they are the ones who teach us how to win in life. That’s why this quote about books is one of my favourite best anime quotes of all time.
28. “In order to measure a person’s worth you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics you can sometimes see their souls.”― Makishima Shougo ( Psycho Pass)
This quote reminded me of Raito (Light) from Death Note. As well as Android Superman’s dialogue with Justice League members where the former said, “Power corrupts after all, and who has more power than Superman” (literal chills).
In both cases, the person who was handed the power went amok and killed people. Raito went on to commit genocide whereas Clark eventually ends up killing President Luthor.
In all the above instances, a common man is given insurmountable power, and how that power corrupts that person is very well displayed here. This is what Shogo is talking about a common man with near-infinite power to alter the course of mankind or even the slightest taste of power shows the true colours of that person as their inner demons are let out.
29. “When people are protecting something truly precious to them. They truly can become…as strong as they need to be!”– Haku (Naruto)
Let someone touch your family in a bad way and see yourself going at them with all you’ve got. This quote summarises that feeling and perfectly shows how one should be scared of even a kind person.
That is why this quote is in my list of best anime quotes of all time. Also, Haku is kinda cute.
30. “Any betrayal you can see is trivial, what is truly frightening and much more lethal, is the betrayal you cannot see.”– Sosuke Aizen ( Bleach)
This quote comes from the guy who betrayed everyone he knew in his line of work as well as his own acquaintances. Not to forget he fooled the literal God of Bleach as well at the end of the manga. So if he is saying anything about betrayal then that has to be true.
I am adding his quote in the list of best anime quotes cuz I am not sure whether I am under his Kyoka Suigetsu or not.
31. “In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die.”– Makoto Shishio ( Rorouni Kenshin)
The best villain of Rurouni Kenshin you can’t tell me otherwise. Makoto is pure evil and one of the only people who can take on Kenshin. He loves to use the weak and live on their fear.
Plus his bandages look extremely cool.
32. “The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you’re following them.”– Johan Liebert (Monster)
So next time you are in school and want to do mischief make sure you learn from the best i.e. Johan Liebert and disguise it well (reference pun intended).
As a character, Johan is on par or better than Makishima Shougo in terms of brain power. They both want to disrupt society and are narcissists.
Looking back at the things Johan did throughout the series, this quote perfectly suits his character arc and that’s why it is there in the list of best anime quotes of all time.
33. “There probably isn’t any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.”– Orochimaru (Naruto)
The weird snake dude dropping truth bombs like that is something I absolutely adore. Orochi understood how cruel life is and was hell-bent on beating it. However, he found the gaps in his plans and thus dropped his dream of becoming immortal.
However, he is still trying to unravel the mystery of the world and is probably conducting illegal experiments in the background which Naruto knows about and is still letting it happen.
Talking about the quote, Orochi really had a grasp of how feeble and meaningless life is. Yet, people like Hashirama, Tobirama and Sarutobi left their legacy behind and truly became immortal. This inspired Orochimaru to become a better person. Also, the fact that Sasuke was way stronger than him now and he can never hope to take over his body now.
34. “It’s human nature not to realize the true value of something, unless they lose it.”– Orochimaru (Naruto)
Another truth bomb from the man/woman themself. Honestly, I am not sure whose body is he possessing right now. The west should have Orochimaru as their mascot for gender fluidity. Jokes apart, the quote is absolutely true.
When was the last time you appreciated the last breath you drew and were thankful to God or science whatever floats your boat? Every breath we take is a blessing and the moment we realize that we are unable to keep it up that is when we will realize the true value of it.
It also works for people, things, and animate or inanimate objects, one doesn’t learn the value of it until one loses it. That’s why I love this quote and hence it is part of the best anime quotes of all time.
35. “Laziness is such an ugly word. I prefer selective participation.”– Hanzo Urushihara (The Devil Is A Part Timer)
Hanzo needs to meet my mom I guess. He will forget selective participation. Although, I personally do agree with him. That’s why this is one of the best anime quotes.
36. “Tears are how our heart speaks when your lips cannot describe how much we’ve been hurt.”– Jellal Fernandes (Fairy Tail)
If I had someone like Erza loving me and then leaving me I would terribly feel this quote however I imagined being in that situation and it is painful AF. Hence it is part of the best anime quotes.
37. “Hope is harmony. A just heart, moving toward the light. That is all. Despair is hope’s polar opposite. It is messy and confusing. Despair swallows up love, hatred, and everything else. Because not knowing where you will end up is despair. Despair is what even you cannot predict. Only despair’s unpredictability will save you from a boring future.”– Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)
The way this quote emphasizes despair it makes me hate that word even more. As a kid, I loved the thrill of life being unpredictable however as a grown-up now I will gladly take the boring routine of life if everything keeps going well.
This quote is a reminder to our young readers that it is better to be boring than to be filled with grief, regret and hatred. That is why it needs to be on the list of best anime quotes.
38. “All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there is war, violence and unrest.”– Charles ZI Britannia ( Code Geass)
No truer words have been said. Although I do believe that this gives us the chance to prove that we can be better than those who are naturally gifted through hard work.
Also, it leads us to truly understand one another and be hopeful. Furthermore, it teaches the strong to be kind towards the weak and the weak can admire and look up to the strong and aim higher.
A perfect utopia. I added this quote cuz it resembles reality the most and I wanted to give out a message to our readers to be hopeful. Thus, it is here in the list of best anime quotes.
39. “A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something.”– Akihiko Kayaba ( Sword Art Online)
The same thing which Haku in Naruto said but differently.
40. “I think death is equally terrible for everyone. Young people, old people, the good, the bad; it’s always the same. It’s rather fair in its treatment. There’s no such thing as a terrible death, that’s why it’s frightening.”– Sunako(Shiki)
Okay, so this quote I added this to the best anime quotes list due to the fact that I am scared of death but also respect it immensely. It is what gives our lives meaning.
41. “Do you want people to understand? Or do you just want to believe you’re the only one suffering?”– Hatori Chise (The Ancient Magus Bride)
There is such a deep philosophy behind this quote. It subtly mentions that you are not the only one who is suffering and by sharing your pain with others is when you truly understand them.
That’s why it is there in the list of best anime quotes.
42. “Do not seek death. But do not fear it either. There cannot be life without death, it is inescapable.”– Keisei Tagami (Shikabane Hime – Aka.)
You guys know it already.
43. “Once you’re gone, that’s it. What’s so heroic and noble about being dead!”– Lina Inverse (Slayers!)
Dudette gets it and doesn’t get it at the same time. Let me know if she gets it or not in the comments.
44. “Never forget that kindness can hurt instead of help.”– Inaba Himeko (Kokoro)
THIS!! People need to understand this as well. Although being kind is great! The best thing in the world I’ll say. However, sometimes people need to take a step back and let the person going through rough times get back up with their own strength.
It lets them know that they can do it themselves. It boosts confidence and doesn’t allow us to rely on others all the time. And gives us a sense of pride as well.
A toast to that great sense of achievement we get when we achieve something without the help of others. And to celebrate that feeling this quote goes up to the list of best anime quotes.
45. “I can forget all of my problems when I’m reading.”– Hatori Chise The Ancient Magus Bride
If you are reading good fiction then yeah. If you are reading something like the Thermodynamics of metal or something then most of us would be more worried about our problems.
That’s why to emphasize the importance of reading this quote belongs to the best anime quotes list.
46. “I want to defeat the me that’s dragging this failure around. I don’t want to forget my failure. But if I carry it with me as a bad memory and keep running away, I will never change.”-Hishiro Chizuru (Relife)
If you are in your late 20s and early 30s, you should definitely watch this series and complete the manga! It is a must. It will give you a sense of hope and usher you into a new light.
Also doesn’t this quote makes you wanna get up and be the better version of yourself? That’s why it belongs to the best anime quotes list.
47. “If I don’t understand how a friend feels, am I not allowed to worry about them? If I don’t experience what you do, am I not allowed to worry about you, my friend?”-Hishiro Chizuru (Relife)
Isn’t that why people have best friends? Or friends in general? Friendship is a bond that is born purely out of love. Nobody is forcing anyone to love the other but it just happens.
If this quote reminds you of your friend, do share this quote, which is one of the best anime quotes, with them along with the others.
48. “Someday we’ll part. Maybe be forgotten. But we’re living in the moment. So… make lots of friends, fall madly in love, and enjoy every moment to the fullest.”-Kaizaki Arata (Relife)
The quote may sound so positive and pro-life. But knowing that Arata, 29 year old is talking about falling in love with a 16-year-old is kinda creepy.
Although, the girl is 30 in reality Arata doesn’t know it. That doesn’t make it better though.
However, to spread positivity, let this quote in the best anime quotes list.
49. “I like people who put in effort, even if they’re not good at it.”– Mitsukuni Haninozuka (Ouran High School Host Club)
Sounds like your girlfriend doesn’t it?
50. “I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is.”– Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)
I and my multiple personalities are struggling to decide whether this quote is right or not.
51. “I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me.”– Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)
Sir!! SIR!! THAT’S CALLED COPING WITH LIFE!!!
52. “It’s easy to feel sorry for him, but the hardships that he endured as a child, molded him into the person he is today. He’ll be fine, the Host Club is his refuge, which means when all is said and done… he still has us.”– Kyouya Ootori(Ouran High School Host Club)
Now they are being supportive of each other.
53. “Why should I care about appearances and labels anyway. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.”– Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club)
Although this should be universally accepted I guess Haruhi is unaware of the fashion and glamour industry. That’s why I am adding this quote to the list of best anime quotes to remind you that not everything is sunshine and rainbows.
54. “A person can change, at the moment when the person wishes to change.”– Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club)
Gandhi said this before it was cool. This quote is true though. The moment you decide to wake up early in the morning and exercise but you are not serious about it then no matter how many alarms you put up you will go back to sleep again.
That’s be like Naruto and stay true to your words at least with yourself.
55. “If you keep bad-mouthing someone, you might feel like as if you are on a higher position than that person. But in actual fact, it’s completely wrong to do that!”– Futaba Yoshioka (Ao Haru Ride)
Yes, it is wrong to bad mouth someone behind their back. You should do it on their face and live to tell the tale. But keep in mind you should do it only when the opposition is corrupt or wrong. Otherwise, you are just a bully.
So don’t be a bully and share our list of best anime quotes with your Reddit and other online friends.
56. “Giving up kills people. When people reject giving up… they finally win the right to transcend humanity.”– Alucard (Hellsing)
Literally every religion, and philosophy teacher ever! Although, Alucard is literally Dracula so he has already transcended humanity right?
57. “I’ll leave tomorrow’s problems to tomorrow’s me.”– Saitama (One-Punch Man)
All of us.
58. “Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?”– Juuzou Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul)
*Glares at the society* This one felt deep into my heart and it deserves to be in the best anime quotes list.
59. “It doesn’t do any good to pretend you can’t see what’s going on.”– Yuuya Mochizuki (Another)
Ostriches want to talk to you about this Mochizuki. However, for us humans it holds true. That’s why this needs to be in the best anime quotes article.
60. “Reject common sense to make the impossible possible.”– Simon (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
The author of the show really believed in this quote when they made the Spiral and anti-spiral throw entire galaxies at each other like they are freaking frisbees.
61. “If you really want to be strong… Stop caring about what your surrounding thinks of you!”– Saitama (One Punch Man)
If you are living anywhere in the Indian subcontinent this quote is the English/Japanese version of “Kuch toh log kahenge logo ka kaam hai kehna”.
62. “A place where someone still thinks about you is a place you can call home.”– Jiraiya (Naruto)
Absolute truth, Jiraiya can never be wrong, Period. What more reason do you need for this quote to be in the best anime quotes list when you know Jiraiya has said it?
63. “One Piece, Does Exist!”-Edward ‘Whitebeard’ Newgate (One Piece)
NGL, the subbed version of this quote just hits differently!
64. “Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don’t desire, but they’re inevitable, we have to face them. It’s what being human is all about.”– Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
Another quote which explains eastern philosophy well. Thus it belongs to the best anime quotes list.
65. “I don’t care if no one like me, I wasn’t created in this world to entertain everyone.”– Houtarou Oreki ( Hyouka)
Chad Oreki! This is how one should live a life if they are on the right path. If not one must abide by the rules of society. Keeping this quote in the best anime quotes list as a reminder of that.
66. “Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.”– Sora (No Game No Life)
That’s what my father said to me and I absolutely believe this quote to be true, you must also learn this thus it is there in the best anime quotes list.
67. “Be someone’s light when they are hopeless.”– Violet Evergarden (Violet Evergarden)
Violet said it was more than enough reason to be in the best anime quotes list. Also, if you ever see a person on the brink of losing their sanity do be their guiding light and help them be a better version of themself.
68. “I yearn for true gender equality. I have no patience for one who talks about female privilege when it suits them, and then complains about someone “not being a man” when it’s convenient.”– Kazuma Satou (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo)
I believe in Satou Kazuma’s version of feminism more than anything. And with the way political discourse is happening globally based on this issue let this quote be a reminder. Hence it belongs in the best anime quotes list.
69. “If you want to grant your own wish, then you should clear your own path to it.”– Rintarou Okabe (Steins;Gate)
I could never believe that Okarin said this quote. However, he does have great things to say. Hence this made it to the best anime quotes list.
70. “Words are like swords. If you use them the wrong way, they can turn into ugly weapons.”– Edogawa Conan (Detective Conan)
Dumbledore agreed with Conan here.
71. “Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain.”– Pain [Nagato] (Naruto Shippuden)
This is so true, no matter how much we want our lives to be filled with rainbows it will never be. As Edward said, life is all about the equivalent exchange. Thus, this is one of the best anime quotes of all time.
72. “Never trust anyone too much, remember the devil was once an angel”– Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul)
73. “Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life becomes an endless nightmare.”– Osamu Dazai(Bungo Stray Dogs )
Coming from a person who is a fan of committing suicide this quote packs a punch. There is a Japanese proverb which says never talk bad about yourself even in your thoughts as the warrior inside you is listening to it and it makes it weaker.
Love such inspiring best anime quotes.
74. “Even if life is painful and tough, people should still appreciate what it means to be alive at all”– Yato (Noragami)
Absolutely agree since being alive is what lets us enjoy the world as we see it. It is a great reminder to just appreciate being alive. Hence I added this to the best anime quotes list.
75. “Don’t worry about what other people think. Hold your head up high and plunge forward”– Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
Similar vibes to what Saitama said above.
76. “If you can’t find a reason to fight, then you shouldn’t be fighting.”– Akame (Akame Ga Kill)
A rule by which Tibetan Shaolin monks live their lives. The quote is more than what it means literally. It subtly touches upon the concept of being lethal and yet gentle enough to not hurt a fly. But when the need arises be so ruthless that your enemies tremble in fear at the mere sight of you.
Absolutely love the deep meaning behind the quote hence it is added to the best anime quotes list.
77. “Because people don’t have wings, they look for ways to fly.”– Ukai Keishin (Haikyuu)
This is the adrenaline rush I was talking about earlier and that I hate. Although it gives a high to certain people and makes them do things that are dangerous. For those people, I have added this quote as one of the best anime quotes of all time.
78. “You will never be able to love anybody else until you love yourself.”— Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
This is true, think about it. Unless you have feelings towards yourself you don’t realise whether that person you love is good for you or not. Just think about it with a calm head and let me know in the comment section whether this quote deserves to be in the best anime quotes list.
79. “The scars that you can’t see are the hardest to heal.”— Nao Tamori (Charlotte)
Look in the mirror and just give yourself a hug and know that it is okay!
80. “A man that can’t hold on to his beliefs can only be pathetic, dead or alive.”– Hajime Saito ( Rorouni Kenshin)
NGL, Hajime is the better character compared to Rurouni himself. And the fact that Saito is based on a real person makes it all the more interesting. Hence, I am adding it to the best anime quotes.
81. “Hatred and Sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is to turn them into strength and use that strength to move forward.“– Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)
The quote makes sense in a negative aspect of human psychology which I am not a big fan of. However, I also realise that negative emotions are a strong motivator. One must be able to channel it well. In support of those dealing with negative emotions here is one of the best anime quotes that you can relate with.
82. “The government says your existence is a crime, but no matter what kind of weapons you may hold, just being alive isn’t a sin! There’s no crime in living!”– Franky ( One Piece)
I mean that is the gist of living. However, knowing world history I can understand that many people will relate to it. Being from the subcontinent I too somewhat relate to it given our history. So for all of those like me, heres’ one of the best anime quotes for you.
83. “A hero’s job is to risk his life to turn his promises into reality!”– Izuku Midoriya(My Hero Academia)
After reading the last chapter, I doubt Shigaraki will let there be a reality where heroes even exist. Since Eraserhead is out of the picture now. No, he’s not dead he’s just not there physically to stop Shigaraki.
84. “Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn’t mean they are bad people. It means they’re human.”-Kishou Arima (Tokyo Ghoul)
Every human ever!
85. “Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men’s hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams.”– Griffith (Berserk)
Dreams give us hope to achieve something that we don’t own. Some spend a lifetime achieving that while some just give up. Those who gave up on their dreams they should give it another shot and to give you motivation here are the best anime quotes.
86. “Whether here or in the real world, you can cry when it hurts. There’s no rule that you can’t show feelings just because it’s a game.”– Kirito ( Sword Art Online)
There’s no shame in crying be it men or women. Cry your hearts out!
87. “Life isn’t just doing things for yourself. It’s possible to live in such a way that other people’s happiness, makes you happy too.”– Asuna Yuuki, ‘Sword Art Online’.
Can I Get a Hallelujah?
88.“The ticket to the future is always open.”—Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
According to Einstein, this is true cuz travelling to the past is not possible. Jokes apart, everything you want in your future is available in your present you just have to create pathways to achieve it.
89. “You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.”– Ging Freecss (Hunter x Hunter)
That is not a reason to let your young child be alone with his mother Ging!
90. Things in this world usually turn out okay. There’s no point in worrying about the future.”– Azazel (High School DxD)
Clearly, Azazel has not read human history I guess. Old problems create new ones and new solutions leave behind a trail of mistakes. To learn from them or to use them for personal benefits is something up to the person.
However, if you look at it from a larger perspective, it does work out in the end. But like Batman says, sometimes you have to get into the streets to know the truth rather than fly above them. Hence, this is in my list of best anime quotes.
91. “Everybody makes a wrong turn once in a while”– Ash Ketchum (Pokemon).
And that is okay, you now know the correct and sure path to your destination. This quote applies to all sectors of life at all of its stages. That’s why I added it in to the list of best anime quotes.
92. Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal, but it has already left a scar.——Monkey D. Luffy
As I said earlier, Luffy may appear dumb but he is not. His brain works in ways that most people don’t understand. He may be happy-go-lucky but his understanding of life and human emotions is very deep. That’s why I love Luffy and also why this is one of the best anime quotes.
93. People, who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything.– Armin Arlert (Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan)
The best girl from AOT may not be the correct replacement for Erwin Smith. However, Armin does have a deep love for romanticising life and emotions. It shows from his words. Also, if you have ever thought of how things would turn out if Erwin lived and not Armin then don’t worry we got you covered. Click the link here or click below:
However, I still have to give it to Armin to come up with a plan to stop Eren and eventually defeat him. That’s why this is one of the best anime quotes.
94. “Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils.”—Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
God agrees with this. However, God also says that with His grace you can achieve heaven once again. Was Vicious able to achieve heaven? Hell nah, but did he take Spike to hell? Hell Yeah! No matter how you look at it, Spike was not a good person and he did commit several sins. But that is what makes him human and relatable same goes for Vicious hence this is one of the best anime quotes.
95. “What we know as our everyday can crumble in an instant. When it ends, it’s always in the blink of an eye.”-Nishiki (Tokyo Ghoul)
Maybe this is how dinosaurs felt. However, not to be arrogant, this quote holds true in various aspects of life. Right now you are flying in your private jet and you found out that the global economy collapsed and now you are on the streets.
So always be humble and treat others with kindness, you never know who comes to help you during your time of need.
As a reminder of this for you and me, I am letting this quote stay in the best anime quotes list.
96. “To a young person for whom everything comes easily, the pain of defeat can be a much needed wake up call.”– Koro Sensei (Assassination Classroom)
A genius needs a lesson of failure to keep them humble. This is all I can think about after reading this quote. Humility and kindness paired with moral, mental and physical strength are the biggest weapons a human can possess. That’s why always stay humble and keep helping others.
97. “I have no desire to kill you. In fact, you’re not worth killing. Killing you, would only tarnish my blade.”– Jin (Samurai Champloo)
How to roast your enemy 101. Jin who created his own unique martial art and sword-fighting technique is an absolute beast when it comes to roasting people. That’s why he is my favourite and that’s why his quote is among the best anime quotes.
98. “Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.”– Suzune Horikita ( Classroom of the Elite)
Sometimes all you need is your own company to be happy. Although many won’t understand this there are millions who do. It has a subtle hint of maturity in it that’s why this is amongst the best anime quotes of all time.
99. I don’t like the terms good person or bad person because it’s impossible to be entirely good to everyone, or entirely bad to everyone. To some, you are a good person, while to others you are a bad person.—Armin Arlert
The best girl strikes again, Although this time he does make sense. I mean it is pretty self-explanatory and that is why this is among the best anime quotes.
100. “The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried.”– Koro Sensei (Assassination Classroom)
Or the master was a genius? That doesn’t mean he never tried. He of course did and that is why he is a master.
If you feel that we’ve missed any of the best anime quotes you know let us know in the comments section and we will upload those in a separate article. Also to read the top 50 One piece quote click here.
You can read most of the manga chapters for free over here.