The official website of TV anime Kingdom unveiled a new trailer featuring Sei Kyou (Cheng Jiao) for the fourth season of the series on Thursday, March 17, 2022. The anime is set to release in Japan on April 9.
A teaser visual was also revealed with the announcement.
Kingdom Season 4 Episode 1 will be airing on NHK General at midnight in Japan (which is effectively April 10, 2022).
The fourth season was confirmed at the end of Kingdom Season 3 Episode 26 on Oct 17, 2021.
Season 4 will have a returning voice cast including:
- Masakazu Morita as Shin (Li Xin)
- Jun Fukuyama as Ei Sei (Ying Zheng)
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Ou Hon (Wang Ben)
- Rie Kugimiya as Ka Ryo Ten (He Liao Diao)
The staff includes:
- Original and supervised by Yasuhisa Hara
- Director: Kenichi Imaizumi
- Series composition: Noboru Takagi
- Character design: Hisashi Abe
- Art director: Yusuke Mizuno
- Color design: Miyuki Abe
- Cinematographer: Daichi Nogami
- 3DCG Production: Dandelion Animation Studio
- Editing: Keisuke Yanagi
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano, Kohta Yamamoto
- Music Production: Avex Pictures
- Acoustic Director: Kisuke Koizumi
- Acoustic Production: Jinnan Studio
The Kingdom Season 4 opening theme song music “ray” will be performed by SUIREN, while the ending “Genyou” will be performed by haku.
Kingdom is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yasuhisa Hara. It has been serialized in Shueisha‘s seinen manga magazine Weekly Young Jump since January 2006, with its chapters collected in sixty-four tankōbon volumes as of February 2022.
Kingdom provides a fictionalized account of the Warring States period primarily through the experiences of the war orphan Xin and his comrades as he fights to become the greatest general under the heavens, and in doing so, unifying China for the first time in 500 years.
The series was adapted into a three-season anime television series by Studio Pierrot. The first season of 38 episodes aired from June 2012 to February 2013. A second season aired for 39 episodes from June 2013 to March 2014. The third season by Studio Signpost and Pierrot aired for 26 episodes from April 2020 to October 2021.
A live-action film was released in April 2019; a sequel film is set to premiere in 2022. The anime has been licensed for English-language release by Funimation.
As of February 2022, the Kingdom manga had over 87 million copies, making it one of the best-selling manga series of all time. In 2013, the manga won the Grand Prize of the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize.
Source: Comic Natalie