The official site of “Nationwide Bookstore Employees’ Recommended Comics” announced on Thursday, Jan 27, 2022, that DANDADAN has been chosen as the most recommended comic of 2022. The series was also ranked 1st in the spin-off project- “Manga Editors Manga Recommendation” ranking for 2022.
To commemorate Dandadan‘s win, creator Tatsu Yukinobu published an original illustration card of Okarun and Momo Ayase. The illustration will be a part of the purchase privilege distribution campaign of approximately 1,300 bookstores nationwide starting from Jan 28, 2022, till the stocks last.
The Nationwide Bookstore Employees’ Recommended Comics of 2022 ranking list is as follows:
- Dandadan by Tatsu Yukinobu
- Kaiju No. 8 by Naoya Matsumoto
- Wind Breaker by Satoru Nii
- Blue Box by Miura Kouji
- Chi-Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite by Uoto
- SAKAMOTO DAYS by Yuto Suzuki
- Uma Musume: Cinderella Gray by Junnosuke Itou, Masafumi Sugiura & Taiyo Kazumi
- The Elusive Samurai by Yusei Matsui
- Onna no Sono no Hoshi by Yama Wayama
- Kujou no Taizai by Shohei Manabe
- Me & Robocco by Miyazaki Shuhei
- Medalist by Ikada Tsuruma
- Goukon ni Ittara Onna ga Inakatta Hanashi by Nana Aokawa
- TSUGUMI PROJECT by ippatu
- Brutal: Satsujin Kansatsukan no Kokuhaku by Kei Koga & Ryou Izawa
Nationwide Bookstore Employees’ Recommended Comics is a comic award in which bookstores nationwide solicit “mangas that many people want to recommend” and “mangas that everyone wants to read” and announce them in a ranking format .
The target works for these categories were “Works that have been published within 5 volumes or less”.
A total of 1000 bookstore staff participated in the survey conducted to chose the top 15 works from Oct 7 to Nov 8, 2021. This is the first time the top 3 mangas selected were all in the digital category.
Dandadan is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yukinobu Tatsu. It has been serialized in Shueisha’s Shōnen Jump+ service since April 2021, with its chapters collected into three tankōbon volumes as of Dec 3, 2021.
In June 2021, Dandadan was nominated for the seventh Next Manga Award in the Best Web Manga category and placed 2nd out of 50 nominees. It ranked 4th on Takarajimasha’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2022 list of best manga for male readers.
As of July 2021, the manga had over 22 million views on the Shōnen Jump+ platform. In January 2022, Dandadan was nominated for the fifteenth Manga Taishō.
Source: Shihei Lin Twitter