The official website for Piccoma, a digital manga and novel subscription service, announced the winners of the 5th Piccoma Award on May 28, 2022. A total of 9 works were selected as “absolutely interesting” works, including 3 manga, 3 SMARTOON, and 3 novels.
The awards were named using days of the week and elements of the universe in Latin.
The winners of the Piccoma Award 2022 are:
- LUNA (Monday) Award: Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui
- IGNIS(Tuesday) Award: So I’m a Spider, So What? by Okina Baba
- AQUA (Wednesday) Award: Father, I Don’t Want This Marriage! by Roal, Heesu HONG; original by Yuri
- ARBOR (Thursday) Award: The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years by Barnacle, Redice Studio(Artist)
- AURUM (Friday) Award: Nibun no Ichi Fuufu by Akiyo Kurosawa; original by Yuki Natsukawa
- TERRA (Saturday) Award: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation by Rifujin na Magonote
- SOL (Sunday) Award: King of Excavation by SAN.G original and Yuns (REDICE STUDIO)
- LUX (Light)Award: The Abandoned Empress by Ina – Yuna
- VENTUS (Wind) Award: The Quiet Don by Tatsuo Nitta
The awards are selected using points converted from the readers data such as the number of views, sales and likes. This includes all manga in Piccoma viewed from March 2021 to February 2022.
Gege Akutami‘s Jujutsu Kaisen won the LUNA Award in 2021, and Koyoharu Gotouge‘s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba manga won the award in 2020.
Piccoma is a Japanese webtoon subscription service that is available on smartphones, tablets, and personal computers. It was developed and released by Kakao piccoma Corp., the Japanese subsidiary of Kakao.
Source: Piccoma website