The official twitter account of the currently airing Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury anime revealed on Dec 6, 2022, that the anime’s broadcast will face multiple delays over the next month owing to broadcast of special year end programs in Japan.
The episodes that were originally supposed to air on Dec 18, 2022, and Jan 1, 2023, have been delayed due to News Day 2022, and New Years’ respectively. These delays will also push the broadcast of the final episode of cour 1 of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury by 2 weeks.
The updated schedule for the anime is as follows:
- Dec 11, 2022: Episode 10 broadcast
- Dec 18, 2022: News Day 2022 Special Program (episode delayed)
- Dec 25, 2022: Episode 11 broadcast
- Jan 1, 2023: New Years’ Special Program (episode delayed)
- Jan 8, 2023: Episode 12 broadcast (final episode of the 1st cour)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury is being broadcast on 28 MBS/TBS affiliated channels every Sunday in Japan at 5:00 pm JST. The anime was confirmed to run for two cours, with the first cour starting to air on Oct 2, 2022.
The series is being animated at Bandai Namco Filmworks. The following staff are working on the anime.
The following staff have been announced:
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition/Script: Ichiro Okouchi
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Character Designs: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Horitoshi Takaya
- Art Director: Ayumi Sato
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyazake
- Mechanical Design: Jnthed, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Mechanical Co-ordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-Fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
The official website describes the premise of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury as follows:
A.S. (Ad Stella) 122―
An era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system.
A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology,
run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.
Her name is Suletta Mercury.
With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart,
this girl walks step by step through a new world.
Gundam is a mecha media franchise created by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Sunrise (now Bandai Namco Filmworks). The franchise features giant robots, or mecha, with the name “Gundam”. The franchise began on April 7, 1979, with Mobile Suit Gundam.
Since then, it has gone on to spawn an empire that includes 50 TV series, films and OVAs as well as manga, novels and video games, along with a whole industry of plastic model kits known as Gunpla which makes up 90 percent of the Japanese character plastic-model market.
© Sotsu, Sunrise, MBS
Crunchyroll Adds Soul Eater, Don’t Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro & 8 More Anime In India
Bleach TYBW Cour 2 Reveals New Trailer, July 8 Release Date & Worldwide Simulcast Details
Mushoku Tensei Season 2 Reveals New Trailer, Release Date & Theme Songs
Black Clover Movie Reveals Character Promo Video For Asta
Demon Slayer Season 3 English Dub Reveals Release Date & Cast
Oshi No Ko Anime Episode 8 Release Date Gets Delayed