Fans have always been curious about how such a kind,warm girl like Honda Tohru came into existence. Luckily, the production team will comeback with that story very soon next year.
The official website for Natsuki Takaya’s Fruits Basket manga announced on Tuesday that the series is getting a new anime in 2022 titled Kyо̄ko to Katsuya no Monogatari (Kyо̄ko and Katsuya’s Story). A stage play will also take place in the coming year.
In addition, the “Fruits Basket” broadcast team released a 6-minute “Thank you video” commemorating the end of the TV anime. A total of 22 members of the show, including the cast and the original author, Natsuki Takaya has contributed in the video with their short messages in an autograph board.
The voice actors and staff who appears in the “Thank You” video are:
- Natsuki Takaya(original author and supervisor)
- Manaka Ishimi (CV: Toru Honda)
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (CV: Yuki Sohma)
- Yuma Uchida (CV: Kyo Sohma),
- Yuichi Nakamura (CV: Shigure Sohma)
- Rie Nagimiya (CV: Kagura Sohma)
- Megumi Han (CV: Momiji Sohma)
- Makoto Furukawa (CV: Hatsuharu Sohma)
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (CV: Hatori Sohma)
- Takahiro Sakurai (CV: Ayame Sohma)
- Reina Ueda (CV: Kisa Sohma)
- You Taichi (CV: Hiiro Sohma)
- Kengo Kawanishi (CV) : Ritsu Sohma)
- Aki Toyosaki (CV: Isuzu Sohma)
- Yuuichiro Umehara (CV: Kureno Sohma)
- Maaya Sakamoto (CV: Akito Sohma)
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (CV: Kazuma Sohma)
- Atsumi Tanezaki (CV: Arisa Uotani)
- Satomi Sato (CV: Saki Hanajima)
- Miyuki Sawashiro (CV: Kyoko Honda),
- Takuya Eguchi (CV: Sho Manabe)
- Ai Kakuma (CV) : Machi Kuragai)
The upcoming anime will center on the backstory of Tohru’s parents Kyо̄ko and Katsuya, which the 2019-2021 series did not adapt. The website did not declare the format or length of the anime.