The streaming giant Crunchyroll announced on April 17 that they will be adding 40+ anime series to India
. The list of anime includes titles like Re: Zero, Tokyo Revengers etc.
The anime titles to release in India are:
- 22/7 (nanabun no nijyuuni)
- Assault Lily BOUQUET
- BACK ARROW
- BanG Dream! Episode of Roselia II: Song I am
- Burn the Witch
- Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
- Cells at Work!
- Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
- Corpse Princess: Shikabane Hime
- Deep Insanity: The Lost Child
- Glass Fleet
- GOBLIN SLAYER
- Heat Guy J
- Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway
- I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed out my Level
- Junji Ito Collection
- Kemono Jihen
- Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
- Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
- MY Love STORY!!
- My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
- Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Directors Cut Compilation, Season 2, Frozen Bonds OVA and World Memory Snow OVA
- Romeo x Juliet
- SABIKUI BISCO
- Salaryman’s Club
- SK8 the Infinity
- Skeleton Knight in Another World
- Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie
- Shironeko Project ZERO Chronicle
- Smile Down the Runway
- Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town
- Talentless Nana
- The Galaxy Railways
- The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
- The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED
- Thunderbolt Fantasy-Bewitching Melody of the West
- Tokyo Revengers
- Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina
Crunchyroll slashed the subscription prices of their services in India in July. The price of a Crunchyroll Premium membership in India is ₹79/month for its Fan subscription tier and ₹99/month for its Mega Fan tier subscription.
In an interview with Animehunch, Crunchyroll’s COO Brady McCollum had previously said that the streaming site was looking to provide more value to its users.
Crunchyroll was acquired by Sony’s Funimation Global Group from AT&T at a price of US$1.175 billion. This amount was paid in cash while the deal was closing.
Crunchyroll also announced on March 1, 2022, that the entire catalogue of Funimation, Wakanim, as well as Crunchyroll’s VRV — including shows, movies, and previously exclusive forthcoming simulcast debuts — will be available under the Crunchyroll brand.
Source: Press Release