The previous episode of Bleach TYBW saw Ichigo finally entering the fight with a freshly transformed Zanpakuto and a brand new attire. We also got to see his new technique Getsuga Jujisho, as he fought the sternritters.
However, the biggest talking point of the episode certainly had to be Yhwach, Uryu and Jugram ascending toward’s the soul king’s palace using the rift that Ichigo had created to come to the battlefield.
Bleach TYBW episode 22 will see Ichigo and his friends trying to put a stop to Yhwach’s plans. But seeing Uryu standing next to Yhwach has certainly shocked Ichigo to the core. It’s not just Ichigo, even Chad and Orihime, who had arrived alongside Ichigo, were left speechless. It needs to be seen how they will react in the upcoming episode.
Bleach TYBW Episode 22 Preview:
The official website of Bleach revealed the the premise of Bleach TYBW Episode 22. It is as follows:
Ichigo and his friends, knowing that Yhwach’s target is in the Soul King’s palace, attempt to stop him. Standing in their way is Uryu Ishida. Despite understanding each other’s positions as a Shinigami and a Quincy, Ichigo is shaken by the unexpected reunion. While conversing with Orihime and Chad, who rushed from Hueco Mundo, Ichigo reflects on the days when he fought alongside Uryu and ultimately comes to a decision. Meanwhile, Rukia and Renji are facing off against Bazz-B, and Ikkaku and Yumichika confront Giselle. When Giselle calls out, someone unexpected appears…
Staff involved in Bleach TYBW episode 22 includes:
- Script: Masaki Hiramatsu
- Storyboard: Yoichi Fujita
- Director: Young Hoon Jung
- Animation Directors: Kazuo Takigawa, Mika Ookubo, Natsuko Suzuki
- Chief Animation Director: Kiyoshi Komatsubara
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 22 is titled “MARCHING OUT THE ZOMBIES”. The preview images for the episode are as follows:
Bleach TYBW Episode 22 Release Date & Time:
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 22 will release on Sep 9, 2023. The release time of Bleach TYBW episode 22 is 23:00 p.m. JST.
For global audiences, the release time of the episode is as follows:
- Bleach TYBW episode 22 release time in United States: Sep 9, 2023, at 7:30 a.m. PDT/ 9:30 a.m. CDT/ 10:30 a.m. EDT
- Bleach TYBW episode 22 release time in United Kingdom: Sep 9, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. BST
- Bleach TYBW episode 22 release time in India: Sep 9, 2023, at 7:30 p.m. IST
- Bleach TYBW episode 22 release time in Australia: Sep 9, 2023, at 11:30 p.m. ACST
- Bleach TYBW episode 22 release time in France: Sep 9, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CEST
- Bleach TYBW episode 22 release time in Brazil: Sep 9, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. AMT/ 12:00 p.m. BRST
Where to watch Bleach TYBW Episode 22:
Bleach TYBW episode 22 will simulcast on Hulu, Star+ and Disney+ in U.S., Latin America, and other other select countries. The simulcast will be available in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, and Italian subtitles.
Netflix will also be streaming the anime.
The anime will be officially airing on TV Tokyo in Japan.
More Info On Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 2:
Bleach TYBW is animated by Studio Pierrot. The cast and staff of the anime includes:
- Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki
- Masakazu Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Akio Ōtsuka as Shunsui Kyōraku
- Aoi Yūki as Liltotto
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Hideo Ishikawa as Jushiro Ukitake
- Soichiro Hoshi as Nianzol
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Yasutora Sado
- Houko Kuwashima as Sui-Feng
- Jun Fukuyama as Yumichika Ayasegawa
- Kaya Matsutani as Rangiku Matsumoto
- Kentaro Ito as Renji Abarai
- Masaya Onosaka as Shinji Hirako
- Nao Tōyama as Giselle
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibe Hyosube
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Ikkaku Madarame
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryu Ishida
- Tsuyoshi Koyama as Gerald
w.o.d. performed the opening theme song “STARS” for cour 2.
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 1 aired in Japan on Oct 10, 2022.
The first cour of the anime ended on Dec 26, 2022, with a one-hour long special episode, combining episodes 12 and 13 of the anime.
It was previously revealed that anime will be split into four cours, with breaks in between.
Noriyuki Abe is directing the series at Studio Pierrot. He also scripted the series along with Masaki Hiramatsu.
VIZ Media describes the plot of Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War as:
Was it all just a coincidence, or was it inevitable?
Ichigo Kurosaki gained the powers of a Soul Reaper through a chance encounter. As a Substitute Soul Reaper, Ichigo became caught in the turmoil of the Soul Society, a place where deceased souls gather. But with help from his friends, Ichigo overcame every challenge to become even stronger.
When new Soul Reapers and a new enemy appear in his hometown of Karakura, Ichigo jumps back into the battlefield with his Zanpakuto to help those in need. Meanwhile, the Soul Society is observing a sudden surge in the number of Hollows being destroyed in the World of the Living. They also receive separate reports of residents in the Rukon District having gone missing. Finally, the Seireitei, home of the Soul Reapers, comes under attack by a group calling themselves the Wandenreich.
Led by Yhwach, the father of all Quincies, the Wandenreich declare war against the Soul Reapers with the following message: “Five days from now, the Soul Society will be annihilated by the Wandenreich.”
The history and truth kept hidden by the Soul Reapers for a thousand long years is finally brought to light.
All things must come to an end—as Ichigo Kurosaki’s final battle begins!