The previous episode of Bleach TYBW saw the much awaited return of Kenpachi Zaraki as he faced off against the insanely overpowerful Sternritter Gremmy. Kenpachi’s arrival was also marked with melancholy as he delivered the news of Unohana’s death to Yachiru and others.
In the ensuing intense battle, Kenpachi emerged victorius and we got a display of Nozarashi’s might. However, the Sternritters are not ready to let him off the hook so easily in the upcoming Bleach TYBW episode 21.
With each passing episode of Bleach TYBW, the tide is slowly turning in favor of the Soul Society, with Sternritters being taken out one by one, be it As Nodt or Mask De Masculine. However, the spotlight now shifts to Ichigo, who is yet to shine to this season
Bleach TYBW Episode 21 Preview:
The official website of Bleach revealed the the premise of Bleach TYBW Episode 21. It is as follows:
After defeating Gremmy, the respite was short-lived for Kenpachi as he was struck by Candice’s lightning attack. Targeting Kenpachi, notable combatants, Minnie, Giselle, and Liltotto also gathered. The intense attacks of the four destroyed everything in their surroundings, making the Shinigami their prey. Sensing the change in Kenpachi‘s spiritual pressure, Rukia and Byakuya simultaneously feel another familiar spiritual pressure approaching from above. And as if waiting for the one behind that spiritual pressure to descend into the Soul Society, Yhwach also begins to take action once again.
Staff involved in Bleach TYBW episode 21 includes:
- Script: Masaki Hiramatsu
- Storyboard: Mitsutoshi Satou
- Director: Mitsutoshi Satou
- Animation Directors: Saeko Ozawa, Leo Kawamoto, Hiroki Takiguchi
- Chief Animation Director: Michio Hasegawa
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 21 is titled “THE HEADLESS STAR”. The preview images for the episode are as follows:
Bleach TYBW Episode 21 Release Date & Time:
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 21 will release on Aug 26, 2023. The release time of Bleach TYBW episode 20 is 23:00 p.m. JST.
For global audiences, the release time of the episode is as follows:
- Bleach TYBW episode 21 release time in United States: Aug 26, 2023, at 7:30 a.m. PDT/ 9:30 a.m. CDT/ 10:30 a.m. EDT
- Bleach TYBW episode 21 release time in United Kingdom: Aug 26, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. BST
- Bleach TYBW episode 21 release time in India: Aug 26, 2023, at 7:30 p.m. IST
- Bleach TYBW episode 21 release time in Australia: Aug 26, 2023, at 11:30 p.m. ACST
- Bleach TYBW episode 21 release time in France: Aug 26, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CEST
- Bleach TYBW episode 21 release time in Brazil: Aug 26, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. AMT/ 12:00 p.m. BRST
Where to watch Bleach TYBW Episode 21:
Bleach TYBW episode 21 will simulcast on Hulu, Star+ and Disney+ in U.S., Latin America, and other other select countries. The simulcast will be available in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, and Italian subtitles.
Netflix will also be streaming the anime.
The anime will be officially airing on TV Tokyo in Japan.
More Info On Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 2:
Bleach TYBW is animated by Studio Pierrot. The cast and staff of the anime includes:
- Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki
- Masakazu Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Akio Ōtsuka as Shunsui Kyōraku
- Aoi Yūki as Liltotto
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Hideo Ishikawa as Jushiro Ukitake
- Soichiro Hoshi as Nianzol
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Yasutora Sado
- Houko Kuwashima as Sui-Feng
- Jun Fukuyama as Yumichika Ayasegawa
- Kaya Matsutani as Rangiku Matsumoto
- Kentaro Ito as Renji Abarai
- Masaya Onosaka as Shinji Hirako
- Nao Tōyama as Giselle
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibe Hyosube
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Ikkaku Madarame
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryu Ishida
- Tsuyoshi Koyama as Gerald
w.o.d. performed the opening theme song “STARS” for cour 2.
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 1 aired in Japan on Oct 10, 2022.
The first cour of the anime ended on Dec 26, 2022, with a one-hour long special episode, combining episodes 12 and 13 of the anime.
It was previously revealed that anime will be split into four cours, with breaks in between.
Noriyuki Abe is directing the series at Studio Pierrot. He also scripted the series along with Masaki Hiramatsu.
VIZ Media describes the plot of Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War as:
Was it all just a coincidence, or was it inevitable?
Ichigo Kurosaki gained the powers of a Soul Reaper through a chance encounter. As a Substitute Soul Reaper, Ichigo became caught in the turmoil of the Soul Society, a place where deceased souls gather. But with help from his friends, Ichigo overcame every challenge to become even stronger.
When new Soul Reapers and a new enemy appear in his hometown of Karakura, Ichigo jumps back into the battlefield with his Zanpakuto to help those in need. Meanwhile, the Soul Society is observing a sudden surge in the number of Hollows being destroyed in the World of the Living. They also receive separate reports of residents in the Rukon District having gone missing. Finally, the Seireitei, home of the Soul Reapers, comes under attack by a group calling themselves the Wandenreich.
Led by Yhwach, the father of all Quincies, the Wandenreich declare war against the Soul Reapers with the following message: “Five days from now, the Soul Society will be annihilated by the Wandenreich.”
The history and truth kept hidden by the Soul Reapers for a thousand long years is finally brought to light.
All things must come to an end—as Ichigo Kurosaki’s final battle begins!