The fights in Bleach Thousand Year Blood War arc are heating up, and the latest ones have been featuring some of the fan favorite characters from the series. While Ichigo still has to make a crucial contribution, we did see Rukia unleashing her Bankai and going all out against As Nodt. Not only did she overpower the Sternritter by putting herself in a temporary state of death, she also managed to overcome the fear aspect which had previously etched her downfall.
However, the battle is far from over as we’ll see another fan favorite entering the fray in Bleach: TYBW episode 20. And based on the preview images, it is none other than Kenpachi Zaraki, who is gearing up to face off against Gremmy Thoumeaux.
Bleach TYBW Episode 20 Preview:
The official website of Bleach revealed the the premise of Bleach TYBW Episode 20. It is as follows:
While providing medical treatment for Kensei and his group, Yune and Yachiru are attacked by Guenael, who possesses the ability to freely erase not only appearances but also memories related to oneself. Although Yachiru and her companions keep experiencing a “first encounter,” she instinctively retaliates against the unseen enemy and, drawing her zanpakuto, and launches further attacks. Her Shikai’s abilities both surprise Yune and gradually corner Gwennaël. However, at that moment, another enemy silently appears within the confines of a barrier.
Staff involved in Bleach TYBW episode 20 includes:
- Script: Masaki Hiramatsu
- Storyboard: Wataru Yamamoto
- Director: Yusaku Kikuchi
- Animation Directors: Hiroshi Natsuki, Natsuko Suzuki, Mari Tominaga
- Chief Animation Director: Kiyoshi Komatsubara
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 20 is titled “I AM THE EDGE”. The preview images for the episode are as follows:
Bleach TYBW Episode 20 Release Date & Time:
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 20 will release on Aug 19, 2023. The release time of Bleach TYBW episode 20 is 23:00 p.m. JST.
For global audiences, the release time of the episode is as follows:
- Bleach TYBW episode 20 release time in United States: Aug 19, 2023, at 7:30 a.m. PDT/ 9:30 a.m. CDT/ 10:30 a.m. EDT
- Bleach TYBW episode 20 release time in United Kingdom: Aug 19, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. BST
- Bleach TYBW episode 20 release time in India: Aug 19, 2023, at 7:30 p.m. IST
- Bleach TYBW episode 20 release time in Australia: Aug 19, 2023, at 11:30 p.m. ACST
- Bleach TYBW episode 20 release time in France: Aug 19, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CEST
- Bleach TYBW episode 20 release time in Brazil: Aug 19, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. AMT/ 12:00 p.m. BRST
Where to watch Bleach TYBW Episode 20:
Bleach TYBW episode 20 will simulcast on Hulu, Star+ and Disney+ in U.S., Latin America, and other other select countries. The simulcast will be available in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, and Italian subtitles.
Netflix will also be streaming the anime.
The anime will be officially airing on TV Tokyo in Japan.
More Info On Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 2:
Bleach TYBW is animated by Studio Pierrot. The cast and staff of the anime includes:
- Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki
- Masakazu Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Akio Ōtsuka as Shunsui Kyōraku
- Aoi Yūki as Liltotto
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Hideo Ishikawa as Jushiro Ukitake
- Soichiro Hoshi as Nianzol
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Yasutora Sado
- Houko Kuwashima as Sui-Feng
- Jun Fukuyama as Yumichika Ayasegawa
- Kaya Matsutani as Rangiku Matsumoto
- Kentaro Ito as Renji Abarai
- Masaya Onosaka as Shinji Hirako
- Nao Tōyama as Giselle
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibe Hyosube
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Ikkaku Madarame
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryu Ishida
- Tsuyoshi Koyama as Gerald
w.o.d. performed the opening theme song “STARS” for cour 2.
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 1 aired in Japan on Oct 10, 2022.
The first cour of the anime ended on Dec 26, 2022, with a one-hour long special episode, combining episodes 12 and 13 of the anime.
It was previously revealed that anime will be split into four cours, with breaks in between.
Noriyuki Abe is directing the series at Studio Pierrot. He also scripted the series along with Masaki Hiramatsu.
VIZ Media describes the plot of Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War as:
Was it all just a coincidence, or was it inevitable?
Ichigo Kurosaki gained the powers of a Soul Reaper through a chance encounter. As a Substitute Soul Reaper, Ichigo became caught in the turmoil of the Soul Society, a place where deceased souls gather. But with help from his friends, Ichigo overcame every challenge to become even stronger.
When new Soul Reapers and a new enemy appear in his hometown of Karakura, Ichigo jumps back into the battlefield with his Zanpakuto to help those in need. Meanwhile, the Soul Society is observing a sudden surge in the number of Hollows being destroyed in the World of the Living. They also receive separate reports of residents in the Rukon District having gone missing. Finally, the Seireitei, home of the Soul Reapers, comes under attack by a group calling themselves the Wandenreich.
Led by Yhwach, the father of all Quincies, the Wandenreich declare war against the Soul Reapers with the following message: “Five days from now, the Soul Society will be annihilated by the Wandenreich.”
The history and truth kept hidden by the Soul Reapers for a thousand long years is finally brought to light.
All things must come to an end—as Ichigo Kurosaki’s final battle begins!