The official website of Sword Art Online revealed a new trailer for Sword Art Online’s Scherzo Of Deep Night anime film on Sep 30, 2022.
The movie is set to release in Japan on Oct 22, 2022, after facing a delay due to COVID-19 related issues. It was initially supposed to release on Sep 10, 2022.
The movie is being animated by A-1 Pictures and the staff from the previous movie have been retained for the sequel too.
The staff includes:
- Director: Ayako Kono
- Character Designer & Animation Director: Kento Toya
- Sub Character Designer: Aya Akizuki & Keisuke Watanabe
- Action Director & Monster Design: Kai Yasuyuki
- Music: Yuki Kaijura
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Sound Effect: Yasumasa Koyama
- Art Setting: Akihiro Hirasawa
- CGI Director: Hiroshi Nakajima, Kengo Oda
- Boss Monster/Stage Designer: Junya Ishigaki
- Color Design: Naomi Nakano
- Director of Photography: Yuki Oshima
- Studio: A-1 Pictures
- Distributed by Aniplex
Haruka Tomatsu, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, and Shiori Izawa will be reprising their roles as Asuna, Kirito and Argo in the sequel movie. They will be joined by Kaede Hondo as Liten and Yusuke Kobayashi as Morte.
Sword Art Online: Progressive is an expanded retelling of the Aincrad storyline from the original Sword Art Online light novels. The novels became a reality after Tomohiko Ito, the director of Sword Art Online Season 1, asked author Reki Kawahara to write a short story for episode two of the anime, to fill in the gaps that were in flow of the story.
Source: Official Website
©2020 Reki Kawahara/KADOKAWA/SAO-P Project