Ahead of this year’s Anime NYC, their official Twitter revealed on Nov 16, 2023, that next year’s event will be shifting its date to August in 2024 from its usual November schedule, and for the first time the convention will expand its space.
The decision to move to August comes after years of struggling with capacity constraints in November. According to the organisers, after extensive discussions, Anime NYC’s partners at the Javits Center have granted them access to the entire main building from Aug 23-25, 2024.
With this Anime NYC will be able to accommodate a larger number of attendees compared to the previous events, with the availability of more weekend tickets.
This will also enable Anime NYC to host more panels, screenings, workshops, and special events, along with expanded sections for gaming, cosplay, food, music, traditional culture, and others.
Checkout their full statement below:
On the eve of this year’s Anime NYC, we want to share some exciting news… Anime NYC is moving to August in 2024 and for the first time taking over the whole Javits Center! For years, we’ve been at capacity in November, and we’ve been working for years, too, to grow. After a lot of conversations, our partners at the Javits Center have been able to provide us with the full main building starting August 23-25, 2024!
What does this mean? Big things, exciting features, and more experiences!
- More Tickets – With more space comes more tickets! Anime NYC sells out every year, and there are so many fans who can’t come with our current attendance cap, but going to August allows us to welcome many, many, many more fans!
- More Weekend Tickets – This means more Weekend Tickets, too! We’ve had to limit Weekend Tickets to try to make tickets available for as many individual fans as possible, but with more space, look for more Weekend Tickets for 2024!
- More Space – There will be more space overall with us taking the main Javits Center building for the first time, and we want to use it to create all the experiences you’ve been wanting for years.
- More Panels – A huge part of this will be more panel rooms which will let us do more panels, screenings, workshops, and special events.
- More Features – We’ll be using this space to create more and bigger feature areas we haven’t been able to. Look for expand- ed gaming, cosplay, food, music, traditional culture, and so much more!
- More Fan Features – And a big focus will be more features driven by and featuring New York’s anime fans. We want to make sure Anime NYC can truly celebrate you!
- Earlier Ticket Launch – Mark your calendars! Siince the show will be happening earlier, our initial ticket launch will be, too. Tickets go on sale Dec 5, 2023!
Anime NYC’s move to August has been in the works for a number of years, and we can’t thank our friends at the Javits and across the anime industry for all their support. Anime NYC can only welcome all the amazing guests and special events we do because of this trust and passion, and we’re excited now to create the biggest and best Anime NYC yet to bring the anime industry and anime fans together like never before in the biggest city in the USA!
See you next year August 23-25, 2024!
Thank you, The Anime NYC Team
MK, Peter, Kelly, Pam, Leslie, Samson, Lance, Lauren, Heather, Liza Jalitza, Stacey, Paul, Sarah, Kate, Nalani, Joe, Joe Jr., Merri, Rich
This year’s Anime NYC will take place from Nov 17-19, 2023.
Anime NYC is an annual three-day anime convention usually held during November at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. It was launched in November 2017.