The official website of Trigun Stampede anime announced on Feb 5, 2023, that Genki Muro will voice the character Livio the Double Fang. The character will appear from episode 6 of the anime, which will air on Feb 11, 2023.
Livio the Double Fang is described as an assassin with high fighting ability who has been physically modified by “Eye of Michael”. He uses his Double Fang, a double-barreled machine gun that has muzzles on the front and back and can fire simultaneously at the top, bottom, left, and right, to hunt down his enemies. He is brainwashed and has lost his sense of self.
A rough translation of Genki Muro’s comment can be read below:
I will not forget the feelings and emotions that I felt when I read the manga, such as “this is a wonderful scene” or “this is chic and cool”, and I will not forget what kind of character the newly reborn Livio of TRIGUN STAMPEDE is. What does this word mean? I participated in the recording session while trying to think with a fresh mind and without preconceptions.
We are just as excited about the future of TRIGUN STAMPEDE as our viewers are. We hope you will join us in watching and supporting this project.
Trigun Stampede started airing in Japan on Jan 7, 2023. Orange studio is in charge of animating Trigun Stampede.
Cast members include:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Vash the Stampede
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Young Vash
- Junya Ikeda as Millions Knives
- Yumiri Hanamori as Young Knives
- Maaya Sakamoto as Rem Saverem
- Sakura Andou as Meryl Stryfe
- Kenji Matsuda as Roberto De Niro
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Nicholas D. Wolfwood
- Kouki Uchiyama as Legato Bluesummers
- TARAKO as Zazie the Beast
- Ryusei Nakao as William Conrad
- Nebraska as Shigeru Chiba
- Gofsef as Kenji Nomura
- Chikahiro Kobayashi as Monev the Gale
- Megumi Han as Lolo
Staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Kenji Muto
- Concept Design, Character Concept: Kouji Tajima
- Story draft: Takehiko Okishi
- Composition/screenplay: Tatsuro Inamoto, Shin Okashima, Yoshihisa Ueda
- Character design: Kodai Watanabe, Tetsuro Moronuki, Takahiko Abiru, Akiko Sato, Soji Ninomiya, and Yumihiko Amano
- Chief designer: Nao Ootsu
- CG Chief Director: Eiji Inomoto
- VFX Art Director: Kensuke Yamamoto, Taishi Hayakawa
- Creature Design: Eiji Yamamori
- Special Effects Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama
- Art Director: Yuji Kaneko
- Music: Tatsuya Kato
Crunchyroll will be simulcasting the anime in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East, CIS, the Philippines, Singapore, India, Pakistan, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal.
The original Trigun manga ran from 1995 to 1997 and was published by Monthly Shonen Champion. The sequel ran from 1997 to 2007 and was published by Young King OURS. Dark Horse released the English edition of the manga in North America.
An anime adaptation of the manga aired in 1998 and was produced by Madhouse.
MAL describes the plot of the anime as:
Vash the Stampede’s a joyful gunslinging pacifist, so why does he have a $$6 million bounty on his head? That’s what’s puzzling rookie reporter Meryl Stryfe and her jaded veteran partner when looking into the vigilante only to find someone who hates blood. But their investigation turns out to uncover something heinous—his evil twin brother, Millions Knives.
Source: Official Website
© 2023 Yasuhiro Nightow, Shonengahosha/”TRIGUN STAMPEDE” Production Committee