The official website of Devil is a Part Timer anime unveiled a new trailer for the second season of the anime titled The Devil Is A Part-Timer!!. The video revealed that the series will start broadcasting in Japan on July 14, 2022. The anime will air on Tokyo MX, KBS, SUN, and BS11 channels at 11:30 pm (JST).
The website also revealed more cast members for Season 2. The anime will also be available for streaming on Disney+ in Japan.
The additionally announced cast include:
- Asuka Nishi as Rika Suzuki
- Azumi Asakura as Emerada
- Yuichi Iguchi as Archangel Sariel
- Yumi Uchiyama as Mayumi Kisaki
- Takehito Koyasu as Gabriel
- Yuko Kaida as Amane Ooguro
- Kenichi Ogata as Camio
Previously, the Dengeki Bunko Winter Festival Online 2021 event, streamed a new promotional video for Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2. The PV revealed a July 2022 premiere date.
It was revealed in the PV that Sadao and Emi‘s ‘daughter’, Alas Ramus, will be voiced by Hina Kino.
The returning cast members include:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Sadao Maō/Demon King Satan
- Yōko Hikasa as Emi Yusa/Heroine Emilia
- Nao Tōyama as Chiho Sasaki
- Yūki Ono as Shirō Ashiya/Demon General Alciel
- Hiro Shimono as Hanzō Urushihara/Demon General Lucifer
- Kanae Itō as Suzuno Kamazuki
Daisuke Tsukushi will direct the new season at Studio 3Hz. Series composer Masahiro Yokotani, character designer Yudai Iino, and animation director Yoshihiro Takeda will reprise their roles in the second season of The Devil is a Part-Timer!!.
The new ending theme titled “Mizukagami no Sekai” (“World of Reflection”) will be performed by Marina Horiuchi. The ending theme is written, composed, and arranged by the Japanese pop band nano.RIPE.
The other staff members of the new season are:
- Design Works: Ryou Akizuki
- Graphic Art: Hirofumi Araki
- Art Director: Manabu Otsuzuki (Kusanagi)
- Art Setting: Hideyasu Narita (Kusanagi)
- Compositing Director of Photography: Ryō Iijima (Asahi Production)
- 3D Director: Kōhei Ogawa (Marco)
- Editing: Hidemitsu Doi
- Special Effects: Kei Ishibashi (Asahi Production)
- Produce: Infinite
WHITE FOX, under the supervision of the director Naoto Hosoda, animated the first season of The Devil is a Part-Timer! in 2013.
In addition, the official Twitter account for The Devil Is a Part-Timer! announced that the franchise will release an original novel titled “Hataraku Mao-sama! Okawari!! (The Devil Is a Part-Timer! Refill!!)” on July 8.
The Devil is a Part-Timer! anime is based on the light novel series of the same name authored by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by 029. Yen Press publishes both the original light novels and Akio Hiiragi’s manga adaptation.