The Makoto Shinkai movie Suzume No Tojimari to release in South Korea on March 4, 2022.
Suzume no Tojimari will release in India on April 21, 2023.
Crunchyroll had earlier revealed the world-wide release dates of the movie. It will release in United States, Canada and United Kingdom on April 14, 2023.
The distribution of the movie in North America will be handled by Crunchyroll alone whereas Sony & Crunchyroll will handle the distribution of the movie together in Latin and South America, Australia, New Zealand, The Middle East, Africa and certain countries of Europe.
Wild Bunch International and Eurozoom will release the movie in French and German speaking Europe.
Suzume no Tojimari released in Japan on Nov 11, 2022 and has gone on to earn over 13.15 billion yen (over USD 101 million).
Shinkai directed and wrote the screenplay for Suzume no Tojimari. He’s also the author of the original story.
Other staff members of the movie include:
- Character design: Masayoshi Tanaka
- Animation director: Kenichi Tsuchiya
- Art director: Takumi Tanji
- Studio: CoMix Wave Film
- Production producer: STORY inc.
- Distribution: Toho Animation
Nanoha Hara is voicing the titular character Suzume in the movie and Hokuto Matsumura will voice the other main character Souta Munakata.
Other cast of the film includes:
- Eri Fukatsu as Tamaki Iwato, Suzume’s aunt
- Matsumoto Hakuō II as Hitsujirō Munakata, Sota’s grandfather
- Shōta Sometani as Minoru Okabe, Tamaki’s colleague
- Sairi Itō as Rumi Ninomiya, Single mother raising twins, who Suzume encounters in Kobe
- Kotone Hanase as Chika Amabe, a lively girl of the same age as Suzume, whom she meets in Ehime
- Kana Hanazawa as Tsubame Iwato, Suzume’s mother
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Tomoya Serizawa, a friend of Souta
RADWIMPS and Kazuma Jinnouchi composed the music for film, with Tik tok famed Toaka performing the theme song, “Suzume”.
Suzume No Tojimari film’s soundtrack comprises of two theme songs, “Kanata Haruka” and “Suzume,” twenty five additional songs and a brand new song created during the film’s production by Yojiro Noda, called “Tamaki”. RADWIMPS also released the official music video for KANATA HALUKA.
The officially announced story of Suzume no Tojimari is described as:
Suzume is a 17-year-old, who lives in a quiet town in Kyushu. One day, she meets a traveling young man who is looking for a “door.” Suzume decides to follow him and discovers an old door in the ruins in the mountains. As if drawn by something, Suzume reaches out for the door… What follows is Suzume’s liberation and growth as she closes the “doors” that cause misfortune in abandoned places around Japan.
Source: Animation Business Info