Publishing giant Shogakukan’s CoroCoro Comic‘s March 2022 issue announced that the publisher has launched its new online publication titled “Weekly CoroCoro Comic” on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. The website will serialize manga for free, catering to both children and adult readers.
As mentioned in the previous announcement, Weekly CoroCoro Comic unveiled the seven titles for the first week; with a different series releasing each day.
In addition to new children’s works released every day, two past hits of CoroCoro Comic will be also be published on the website daily. A total of 14 past masterpiece works will be serialized`.
Furthermore, new titles of “Corocoro Aniki“, the “youth edition” of Corocoro Comic, will be distributed from time to time. Content for the parents of CoroCoro readers will be lined up in the future.
The new lineup includes:
- Hen na Manga Retsuden by Naoki Shiibata (Sunday)
- Toshi Densetsu-sensei Uramon by Mitsuhisa Tamura (Monday)
- Atsumare Dо̄butsu no Mori: Mujintо̄ Diary (Animal Crossing New Horizons: Deserted Island Diary) by Kokonasu Rumba (Tuesday)
- Tenseiken Leo by Ogoshiyū (Wednesday)
- Puniru wa Kawaii Slime by Maeda-kun (Thursday)
- Duel Masters G by Moricha (Friday)
- Manga de! Nyanko Daisensо̄ mo Nicchо̄ by Yorozuya Fujiminosuke (Saturday)
From the past works, the lineup includes:
- Game Centre Arashi by Mitsuru Sugaya
- Dodge Danpei by Tetsuhiro Koshita
- Grandpa Danger by Kazutoshi Soyama
- Mysterious Joker by Hideyasu Takahashi
- Croquette! by Manavu Kashimoto
- Penguin’s Problem by Yuji Nagai
- Usotsuki! Gokuo-kun by Makoto Yoshimoto
- Dorabase: Doraemon Super Baseball Gaiden by Mugiwara, Shintarou
- Dash! by Tokuda Zaurus
- Pokémon Pocket Monsters by Kosaku Anakubo
- Keshikasu-kun by Noriyuki Murase
CoroCoro Comic is a Japanese monthly manga magazine published by Shogakukan, established on May 15, 1977. Its main target is elementary school-aged boys, younger than the readers of shōnen manga.
Several of its properties, like Doraemon and the Pokémon series of games, have gone on to be cultural phenomena in Japan.
CoroCoro Comic sold 400 million copies as of April 2017, making it one of the best-selling comic/manga magazines. The magazine has three sisters: Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic, CoroCoro Ichiban! and CoroCoro Aniki. Bessatsu and Ichiban! are published bi-monthly, while Aniki, which targeted an older audience, was released quarterly.
On November 20, 2020, CoroCoro Comic cover designer Tariji Sasaki was recognized by Guinness World Records as the longest-running cover designer for a children’s magazine.
Source: Comic Natalie, Mantan Web
‘Attack on Titan’ Publisher Kodansha To Launch New Manga Platform ‘K MANGA’ In US
Sousou No Frieren Manga Chapter 108 Release Date Revealed
Bakemonogatari Manga Comes To An End With Chapter 193
Dai Miyamoto, Chifuyu Matsuno & Others Win Magademy Award 2022
Streaming Service ‘Plex’ Adds HIDIVE As A 24/7 Anime Channel
The First Slam Dunk & One Piece Film Red Win Japan Academy Awards