The official Twitter account of Netflix anime announced on March 30, 2023, that the cast from 2010 Hollywood film Scott Pilgrim will be joining the anime adaptation to voice their respective characters.
Checkout the full cast below:
- Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Flowers
- Satya Bhabha as Matthew Patel
- Kieran Culkin as Wallace Wells
- Chris Evans as Lucas Lee
- Anna Kendrick as Stacey Pilgrim
- Brie Larson as Envy Adams
- Alison Pill as Kim Pine
- Aubrey Plaza as Julie Powers
- Brandon Routh as Todd Ingram
- Jason Schwartzman as Gideon Graves
- Johnny Simmons as Young Neil
- Mark Webber as Stephen Stills
- Mae Whitman as Roxy Richter
- Ellen Wong as Knives Chau
Checkout the cast announcement video below:
Science SARU’s Eunyoung Choi will produce and Abel Gongora will direct the series.
O’Malley will write and produce the adaptation alongside BenDavid Grabinski. Edgar Wright, the director of the 2010 film adaptation, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, will act as executive producer alongside Nira Park, Marc Platt, Jared LeBoff, and Adam Seigel of Marc Platt Productions as well as Michael Bacall.
Wright had hinted in 2020 that there were “some plans to revisit the material in an animated way. […] We’ve been talking with Bryan and with Jared for a while [about]: What if we did something with the books in anime form? It’s being discussed as we speak.”
Scott Pilgrim anime adaptation will release on Netflix. The release date is yet to be revealed.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a 2010 romantic action comedy film co-written, produced, and directed by Edgar Wright, based on the graphic novel series Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O’Malley. It stars Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim, a slacker musician who is trying to win a competition to get a record deal while also battling the seven evil exes of his newest girlfriend Ramona Flowers, played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The film uses famous features of its Toronto setting and matches the style of video game and comic book imagery.