The official website for the TV original anime High Card revealed on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, that the series will debut in Japan in 2023.
A new PV, along with a key visual, and the staff and cast details were unveiled to commemorate the announcement.
High Card is a mixed media project created by Kakegurui publisher TMS Entertainment, writer Homura Kawamoto, with illustrations by Hikaru Muno. Ebimo is credited as the original character designer.
The cast of High Card includes:
- Finn Oldman (CV: Gen Satō)
- Chris Redgrave (CV: Toshiki Masuda)
- Leo Constantine Pinochle (CV: Shun Horie)
- Wendy Sato (CV: Haruka Shiraishi)
- Vijay Kumar Singh (CV: Yūichirō Umehara)
The poker-themed series is produced by Studio Hibari and TMS Entertainment. Junichi Wada, who also directed the anime Eureka Seven, and Caligula will take on the role of Chief Director in High Card.
The other staff members are:
- Scripts: Kenichi Yamashita, Kazuhiko Inukai, Shingo Nagai
- Character Design: Nozomi Kawano (Radiant)
- Color Key Artist: Yumi Nagi
- Art Directors: Minoru Ōnishi, Taigorō Suzuki
- CG Director: Masafumi Uchiyama
- Compositing Director of Photography: Tomoyuki Kunii
- Action Animation Directors/Key Animators: Shunpei Mochizuki, Junichi Hayama
- Effects Animation Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Sound Director: Shōko Hata
- Card Design: BALCOLONY.
- Concept Art: Reoen (Flat Studio)
- Animation Production: Studio Hibari
- Production: TMS Entertainment
Additionally, the franchise will launch the first volume of High Card Drama CD on Dec 3, 2022. High Card Drama CD Volume 2 is reportedly in production.
The official website describes the story of High Card as:
A supernatural x playing cards fantasy set in a universe called the Fourland Kingdom, where 52 cards that can grant supernatural abilities have scattered across the land.
Source: High card official website