The official website of NieR: Automata announced on June 23, 2023, that the anime will resume broadcast after being in a hiatus for 3 months due to COVID-19.
NieR: Automata episode 9 will release on July 23, 2023, and will consecutively air upto episode 12 on the same day to make up for the long delay.
Checkout the complete statement of the production team below:
We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continuous support of the TV anime “NieR:Automata Ver1.1a.”
The episodes that were postponed, starting from episode 9, will resume broadcasting and streaming gradually, beginning with the broadcast on TOKYO MX and other channels on July 23, 2023 (Sunday).
On July 23, 2023 (Sunday), the series will have a special broadcast of four consecutive episodes, starting from Episode 9 and continuing with Chapter 10, Chapter 11, and Chapter 12.
- TOKYO MX: July 23, 2023 (Sunday) 19:00-21:00
- BS11: July 23, 2023 (Sunday) 19:00-21:00
- Tochigi TV: July 23, 2023 (Sunday) 19:00-21:00
- Gunma TV: July 23, 2023 (Sunday) 24:30-26:30
- For broadcast information other than the above, we will announce it on the official anime website and official Twitter at a later date.
- Regarding domestic and international streaming, we will provide updates on each platform at a later date.
June 23, 2023
NieR: Automata anime started airing in Japan on Jan 7, 2023.
- Chiaki Kanou as Commander
- Keiko Isobe as Operator 60
- Meari Hatsumi as Operator 210
- Yui Ishikawa as 2B
- Natsuki Hanae as 9S
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Pod 042
- Kaoru Akiyama as Pod 153
- Aoi Yuuki as Pascal
- Daisuke Namikawa as Adam
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Eve
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Lily
A-1 Pictures will be in charge of animating the adaptation. The following staff members have been revealed for the anime:
- Director: Ryoji Masuyama
- Series Composition: Yoto Taro, Ryoji Masuyama
- Character Design/ Chief Animation Director: Jun Nakai
- Music: MONACA
Nier: Automata is a 2017 action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix. It tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.
In the game players take the role of these combat androids from the YoRHa units across an open world. The story requires multiple playthroughs, each unlocking additional story elements.
The plot of the anime is described as follows:
A small number of humans who escaped to the moon began a counterattack operation using <android> soldiers to recapture Earth. However, the battle falls into a stalemate in front of <machine lifeforms> that continue to multiply infinitely. As the ultimate weapon, mankind dispatches a new android <Yorha> unit to Earth. <2B>, who was newly dispatched to Earth, joins up with <9S>, an advanced investigator, and goes on a mission, but in the midst of that, he encounters a number of mysterious phenomena… This is the story of a lifeless android who continues to fight for humanity.
Source: Official Website