Recently, Netflix revealed that it’ll be doing a Live-action series on the famous anime Cowboy Bebop. The main cast for the series was already revealed. And on Thursday the cast for the side characters in the series was revealed. The cast is as follows:
- John Cho as Spike Spiegel.
- Mustafa Shakir as Jet.
- Daniella Pineda as Faye Valentine.
- Elena Satine as Julia
- Geoff Stults as Chalmers, Jet’s ex-partner
- Tamara Tunie as Ana, Martian club owner
- Mason Alexander Park as Gren, Ana’s right hand person
- Rachel House as Mao, White Tigers Capo
- Ann Truong as Shin, one of Vicious’ twin henchmen
- Hoa Xuande as Lin, one Vicious’ twin henchmen
Cowboy Bebop is set in a futuristic world where humans have colonized rest of the solar system after a science experiment destroys our moon. The series focuses mainly on the adventures of Spike Speigel and Jet as bounty hunters. The underlying and the most important plot of the series focuses on the past of Spike Spiegel and his love story with Julia.
The anime is highly acclaimed critically and is considered a cult classic. Another factor that boosted the anime’s popularity is the music scores in the series.
The live-action was rumored to be released in 2020 but thanks to COVID-19, production got delayed. Now it is speculated to release in 2021.