During the AnimeJapan 2022 event on March 27, 2022, Netflix announced 40 anime titles that will debut in 2022, including both ew and returning fan favorites. The panel also unveiled a 1-minute teaser trailer of the already announced titles.
The Netflix anime shows include:
- Thermae Romae Novae(March 28)
- Tiger & Bunny 2(Apr 8)
- Drifting Home
- Kakegurui XX: Kakegurui Twin (Aug 2022)
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean– Episodes 13-24(Fall 2022)
- Kotaro Lives Alone
- Rilakkuma’s Theme Park Adventure
- Bubble(Apr 28)
- Ultraman: Season 2(Apr 14)
- Pacific Rim(Apr 19)
- Vampire in the Garden
- Skull Island
- Splinter Cell
- Tomb Raider
- Twilight of the Gods
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh
- Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045 Season 2(May 2022)
Previously, during an interview with Variety, Netflix revealed that “more than half ” of its global audience watched anime from its streaming platform in the last year.
Kohei Obara, director of Anime Creative added that the figure rises to 90% in the case of Japanese Netflix subscribers.
“Anime is one of the cornerstones of our investment in Japan, watched by nearly 90% of our members here last year. At the same time, interest in anime has grown worldwide, and more than half of our members globally tuned into it last year,” said Obara.