The official website of Mobile Suite Gundam: The Witch From Mercury started streaming a new teaser video, featuring the main character Suletta Mercury and her Mobile Suit, on June 17, 2022. The video revealed an October 2022 release date for the series in Japan.
The anime will be broadcast on 28 MBS/TBS affiliated channels every Sunday at 5:00 pm JST from October 2022. Details for the simulcast of the anime that has been planned for outside Japan will be revealed soon.
A key visual was too released along with the teaser.
In addition to the teaser and the release date, the website also revealed the key staff working on Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury.
The following staff have been announced:
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition/Script: Ichiro Okouchi
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Character Designs: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Horitoshi Takaya
- Art Director: Ayumi Sato
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyazake
- Mechanical Design: Jnthed, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Mechanical Co-ordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-Fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
The series is being animated at Bandai Namco Filmworks.
The designs for the main characters, their character setting and the mobile suits that will be appearing in the series were also released.
The official website describes the premise of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury as follows:
A.S. (Ad Stella) 122―
An era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system.
A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology,
run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.
Her name is Suletta Mercury.
With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart,
this girl walks step by step through a new world.
The foreword episode of the anime, titled “Prologue” will be screened in Japan on July 14, 2022 at the GUNDAM NEXT FUTURE -LINK THE UNIVERSE- event. The designs for the Mobile Suits featuring in the foreword too have been revealed.
“Prologue” will then be available for streaming at several “GUNDAM NEXT FUTURE” events that will be held at different parts of Japan.
Gundam is a mecha media franchise created by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Sunrise (now Bandai Namco Filmworks). The franchise features giant robots, or mecha, with the name “Gundam”. The franchise began on April 7, 1979, with Mobile Suit Gundam.
Since then, it has gone on to spawn an empire that includes 50 TV series, films and OVAs as well as manga, novels and video games, along with a whole industry of plastic model kits known as Gunpla which makes up 90 percent of the Japanese character plastic-model market.
Source: Official website of The Witch From Mercury