The staff of the ongoing Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury anime announced on its official website on Jan 6, 2023, that episode 12 will face a delay in its broadcast schedule on some broadcast services due to the spread of COVID-19.
Episode 12 of the anime was originally slated to release on Jan 8, 2023. It will now release on Jan 9, 2023.
On the other hand, airing of the episode in MBS/TBS 28 nationwide network will carry out on Jan 8 itself and won’t see a delay.
“Regarding the 12th episode scheduled to be broadcast on Sunday, January 8th, due to the influence of the new coronavirus in the production system, the start of distribution on some services will be delayed.
Each service that is distributed every Sunday from 6:00 pm will be distributed sequentially after 6:00 pm on Monday, January 9th.“
The anime had previously faced multiple delays in broadcast owing to the broadcast of special year end programs in Japan. These delays pushed the broadcast of the final episode of cour 1, episode 12, of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury by 2 weeks.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury is being broadcast on 28 MBS/TBS affiliated channels every Sunday in Japan at 5:00 pm JST. The anime was confirmed to run for two cours, with the first cour starting to air on Oct 2, 2022.
The series is being animated at Bandai Namco Filmworks. The following staff are working on the anime.
The following staff have been announced:
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition/Script: Ichiro Okouchi
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Character Designs: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Horitoshi Takaya
- Art Director: Ayumi Sato
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyazake
- Mechanical Design: Jnthed, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Mechanical Co-ordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-Fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
The official website describes the premise of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury as follows:
A.S. (Ad Stella) 122―
An era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system.
A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology,
run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.
Her name is Suletta Mercury.
With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart,
this girl walks step by step through a new world.
Gundam is a mecha media franchise created by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Sunrise (now Bandai Namco Filmworks). The franchise features giant robots, or mecha, with the name “Gundam”. The franchise began on April 7, 1979, with Mobile Suit Gundam.
Since then, it has gone on to spawn an empire that includes 50 TV series, films and OVAs as well as manga, novels and video games, along with a whole industry of plastic model kits known as Gunpla which makes up 90 percent of the Japanese character plastic-model market.
Source: Official Website
© Sotsu, Sunrise, MBS