MAPPA’s 10th-anniversary event tonight revealed a promotional video on Sunday for the anime version of Bandai Namco Arts and DeNA’s takt op. (pronounced “takt opus”) project. The anime series is a collaborated project between MAPPA and MADHOUSE Studios.
The anime will premiere on October 5, 2021 on TV Tokyo and its affiliates, and on BS TV Tokyo. A new trailer and visual was released alongside a broadcast date and key staff and cast.
One of the main cast was revealed to be Koki Uchiyama (Toge Inumaki in JUJUTSU KAISEN), who will be voicing the character Takuto Asahina.
Other staffs include:
- DeNA and Ouji Hiroi : Original work.
- Yuuki Itoh: Director in charge at MAPPA and Madhouse.
- Kiyoko Yoshimura : Series composition.
- LAM: Original character designs
- Reiko Nagasawa: Adapting designs for animation.
- Yoshihiro Ike: Music composer
- Hirofumi Kurita: Musical research advisor.
- Marasy: Key pianist.
- Yish: Background concept art.
Crunchyroll describes takt op. Destiny as:
Set in a world where music has been all but forgotten, takt op. tells the fateful story of several young women called “Musicart” that represent the scores of legendary pieces of music given physical form. Together, they fight to restore the joy and passion that music represents to the world.