The official website of Lucifer And The Biscuit Hammer revealed a new PV for the second cour of the anime on Oct 3, 2022.
The video previews the new opening theme song for the 2nd cour.
Raon will perform the new opening theme “BE the HERO,” while Sano Ibuki will perform the new ending theme “ZERO”.
Lucifer And The Biscuit Hammer cour 2 will start airing on Oct 7, 2022.
The website also released the comments of the opening and ending theme song artists.
I read the original “Hoshi no Samidare” when I was little, so I’m very happy that it’s being adapted into an anime, and I’m really honored to be able to sing the OP for that work!
I remembered the content of the original that I read a long time ago, and wrote the lyrics directly, but I was excited and had fun working on it.
I’ve always loved Japanese anime songs, and I’m so happy that my original song has finally been chosen as the anime’s theme song! I was impressed!
Through this work, I would like to continue to do my best so that Raon’s voice can reach more people!
Sano Ibuki’s comment:
I was in charge of the ending theme for “Hoshi no Samidare”. It’s a song called “ZERO”.
I read the original until it fell apart and made the music. I’m 26 years old this year, but when I read this work, my boyish heart cried out deep inside me, and I ran away from home and ran with all my might, regardless of my age.
“Hoshi no Samidare” is a wonderful work that reminds us of such a sense of loss and elation.
When I was working on it, I was asked to write a closing song like the opening song. I would be happy if ZERO would be the best opening BGM for the encounter and reunion of this work.
The first cour of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime released in Japan on July 8, 2022.
The staff members of the series include:
- Director: Nobuaki Nakanishi
- Series Composer: Satoshi Mizukami and Yuichiro Momose
- Character design: Moto Hatakeyama
- Art director: Minoru Okouchi
- Color design: Ryusuke Araki
- Photographed by: Toshikazu Kuno
- Music: Takatsugu Wakabayashi
- Sound Director: Yuichi Imaizumi
- Sound Effect: Yasuyuki Konno
- Editing: Rina Oguchi (Imagica EMS)
- Sound Production: Soniludo
- Production Cooperation: Shumondo
- Studio: NAZ
The cast members include:
- Junya Enoki as Yuhi Amamiya
- Naomi Ohzora as Samidare Asahina
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Noi Crezant
- Azusa Tadokoro as Hisame Asahina
- Chinatsu Hirose as Sorano Hanako
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Shimako Hyo
- Nagisa Kakegawa as Coo Ritter
- Hyosei as Shea Moon
- Ruriko Aoki as Kiru Sonne
- Mutsumi Tamura as Akane Taiyo
- Azusa Tadakoro as Asahina Samidare
- Katsuji Mori as Ron Yue
- Manabu Muraji as Ron Yue
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Akitani Inachika
- Tetsuei Sumiya as Zan Amaru
- M•A•O as Anima
- Tatsumaru Tachibana as Animus
- Gen Sato as Mikazuki Shinonome
- Shuhei Iwase as Hangetsu Shinonome
- Tetsu Inada as Soichiro Nagumo
- Aya Suzaki as Yayoi Hakudo
- Shoya Ishige as Ludo Shubarie
- Kentaro Kamugai as Dance Dark
- Kazutomi Yamamoto as Lance Lumiere
- Mitsuo Iwata as Lee Soleil
The OP theme song “Gyoukou” was performed by Half time Old, and the ED theme for cour 1, “Reflexion,” was performed by SpendyMily.
An English dub for Lucifer And The Biscuit Hammer was announced by Crunchyroll and started airing on July 22, 2022.
Satoshi Mizukami’s Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Hoshi no Samidare) manga was serialized in Shōnen Gahōsha’s seinen magazine, Young King OURs, in April 2005, with the final volume of the series published in Nov 2010. Seven Seas Entertainment published and distributed the series in North America.
According to Mizukami, the anime will be adapting the entire manga. The official Twitter account for the anime also revealed the franchise will release another “interesting project immediately” after the series.
Mizukami is also the author of Spirit Circle and is currently working on the TV anime Planet With. A manga was launched for the latter series by Mizukami in Young King OURs on April 28, 2018, and an anime television series by J.C.Staff premiered on July 8, 2018.
Source: Official Website
©Satoshi Mizukami, Shonen Gahosha / Knights of the Ring of a certain era