Fourteen manga that have been shortlisted (also called finalists) for the 46th Kodansha Manga Awards, including A Couple of Cuckoos, Sousou no Frieren, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, have been announced on Friday.
The Kodansha manga awards have three categories, namely the Shonen, Shojo and general category. The finalists for all three categories were announced.
The following manga were shortlisted in the best Shonen manga category;
- Miki Yoshikawa’s A Couple of Cuckoos (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
- Rina Hard & Ryosuke Fuji’s Shangri-La Frontier (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
- Kanehito Yamada & Abe Tsukasa’s Sousou no Frieren (Weekly Shonen Sunday)
- Fuse, Yasuki Kawakami, Mitz Vah’s That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Monthly Shonen Sirius)
The manga that were selected as finalists in the best Shojo category are as follows;
- Mika Yamamori’s Uruwashi no Yoi no Tsuki (Dessert)
- RIKACHI’s Nina of the Starry Kingdom (BE. LOVE)
- Suu Morishita’s A Sign of Affection (Dessert)
- Rito Kohsaka & Akumi Agitogi’s My Happy Marriage (Gangan Online)
And for the general category, the following six manga were shortlisted;
- Aka Akasaka and Mengo Yokoyaroi’s Oshi no Ko (Weekly Young Jump)
- Misaki Takamatsu’s Skip and Loafer (Monthly Afternoon)
- Uoto’s Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite (Weekly Big Comic Spirits)
- Miko Yasu’s Police in a Pod (Morning)
- Uoyama’s Yankee-kun and the White Cane Girl (Manga Hack)
- Asukia Konishi’s Yakuza Fiance: Raise wa Tanin ga ii (Afternoon)
The Kodansha Manga Award, sponsored by publishing giants Kodansha, is an annual award for serialized manga published in the previous year.
Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yūsuke Nomura’s Blue Lock won the best shonen manga in the 45th Kodansha Manga award (2021). Megumi Morino’s A Condition Called Love won the best shojo manga and Kiwa Irie’s Yuria Sensei no Akai Ito won the best manga in the general category.
Kodansha Manga Awards began in 1977, with categories for shōnen and shōjo. The first award for the general category was in 1982. Kodansha introduced a children’s category award in 2003. However, it was merged into the shōnen and shōjo categories starting in 2015.
Source: Kodansha press release, Comic Natalie
Dragon Ball Creator Akira Toriyama Stopped Drawing Manga Because Of A Pen Holder
‘Attack on Titan’ Publisher Kodansha To Launch New Manga Platform ‘K MANGA’ In US
Crunchyroll To Host Real Life BLUELOCK Soccer Tournament In US With LA GALAXY
Oshi no Ko Manga Illustrator Gets Emotional After Anime’s Advanced Screening
Real Life Ninja Descendent Confirms Shadow Clone & Other Jutsu From Naruto Exists
Dai Miyamoto, Chifuyu Matsuno & Others Win Magademy Award 2022