During the most awaited Livestream event on the Warner Bros. Japan Anime YouTube channel for the anime series adaptation of Hirohiko Araki’s JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean manga revealed the show’s promotional video, cast, staff, and key visual on Sunday. A sneak peek of the key visual and some character information has already surfaced before the official event.
Stone Ocean, the sixth installment of Hirohiko Araki’s Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, follows the story of Jolyne Cujoh, the daughter of Stardust Crusaders protagonist Jotaro Kujo. Sentenced to prison for 15 years for a crime she did not commit, Stone Ocean is the ultimate between the ages-long standoff between Dio and the Joestar Family.
Here’s the Official Trailer for JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean:
Furthermore, the long-awaited key visual was released to commemorate the event. The visual shows Jolyne Cujoh, Hermes Costello, Foo Fighters, Weather Report, Narcisso Anasui, and Emporio Alnino with Jotaro right behind them.
The voice cast is as follows:
- Ai Fairouz as Jolyne Cujoh
- Mutsumi Tamura as Hermes Costello
- Mariya Ise as F.F. (Foo Fighters)
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Emporio Alnino
- Yuuichirou Umehara as Weather Report
- Daisuke Namikawa as Narciso Anasui
- Daisuke Ono as Jotaro Kujo
The anime staff and voice cast is as follows:
- Chief Director- Suzuki Kenichi (Series Director for Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders)
- Director- Kato Toshiyuki (Series Director for Diamond is Unbreakable, Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan)
- Series Composer- Kobayashi Yasuko, who has worked on all parts.
- Character Designer- Shino Masanori
- Stand Designer- Ishimoto Shunichi (sub character designer for Diamond is Unbreakable, character Designer for Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan, Chief Animation Director for Golden Wind)
- Sound Director- Iwanami Yoshikazu (has worked on all the anime parts)
- Music Composer- Kanno Yugo (has worked with the series since Stardust Crusaders)
- Animation Studio- David Production
Other core member staff include:
- Sub character design- Tsuchiya Kei
- Prop Designer- Niitsuma Daisuke and Hotani Yukitoshi
- Art Designer- Taki Reiki, Nagasawa Junko and Watanabe Yuriko
- Colour Designer- Sato Hiroko
- Director of Photography- Yamada Kazuhiro
- Editor- Hirose Kiyoshi
- CG Producer- Hamanaka Yutaka
- CG Director- Shishido Kotaro
The interview further shed light on the love that Ai Farouz has for the series, as she consistently mentioned that she derived strength from Jojo’s when she felt like a fish out of water. She made a few JoJo references along the way, showcasing her enthusiasm and passion for the series. Hermes’ and Foo Fighters’ voice actresses, Mutsumi Tamura and Mariya Ise respectively also talked about their love for the series.
Mutsumi Tamura has been a childhood fan of the series, recalling that Stone Ocean was released when she was in school. Mariya Ise mentioned that she came in touch with the series via her cousin, who is a big Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure fan. Both told the viewers about their excited reactions to knowing they bagged their roles.
The voice actors for Emporio, Weather Report, and Annasui sent in their video recordings, in which they mentioned their excitement to finally dub and hoping the fans will enjoy the series.
Chief Director Suzuki Kenichi opened up about the experiences of having a newer work environment with Stone Ocean but still maintaining the ideals and ethics of the team as always. He mentioned that there were lots of inputs from the female staff members as this installment is female-focused, compared to its male-focused predecessors and successive parts.
He also assured fans that dialogues are true to the manga, so they can expect the prison vibes with the women of the series not holding back. He also mentioned that some aspects of the anime are complex to impersonate, but hopes that the production quality and the hard work put in by the staff will bear fruitful results.
The voice actresses also commented on how complex it is to voice inmates, joking that they are always “drenched in sweat” despite the AC being turned on! Talk about passion. The dubbing of the anime is in progress but is far from complete.
The release of Stone Ocean will take place in two media. Firstly, the anime will be available on Netflix globally from December 2021, ahead of its TV airing. Stone Ocean will air on Tokyo MX, MBS, and BS11 from January 2022 onwards.
In celebration of the release, the franchise will have a “JoJo: A New Chapter” event in Oita and Yokohama. The Amu Plaza Oita event will take place during the time period of August 13 and 22nd. On the other hand, the event in Yokohama will take place in Marui City during mid-September.
On the manga front, the eighth part of the series, “JoJolion”, will end on August 19 with the September Issue of Ultra Jump.
Source: Jojo Livestream
Crunchyroll Adds Soul Eater, Don’t Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro & 8 More Anime In India
Bleach TYBW Cour 2 Reveals New Trailer, July 8 Release Date
Mushoku Tensei Season 2 Reveals New Trailer, Release Date & Theme Songs
Black Clover Movie Reveals Character Promo Video For Asta
Demon Slayer Season 3 English Dub Reveals Release Date & Cast
Oshi No Ko Anime Episode 8 Release Date Gets Delayed