The official website of Attack On Titan Final Season announced on Feb 9, 2023, that part 1 of the final edition of the anime will be a one-hour special. It will release on March 3, 2023, and will air on NHK.
Moreover, a seven part compilation of eighty-seven episodes will air on NHK from Feb 25-27, 2023. Check out a rough translation of the episodes and their schedule below:
- Saturday, Feb 25
- 25:46～26:35 (1) “Humanity and the Battle of the Titans”
- 26:35 – 27:24 (2) “Emergence of Intelligent Titans”
- Sunday, Feb 26
- 24:55 – 25:44 (3) “The Rebellion of the Scout Regiment and the True King”
- 25:44 – 26:33 (4) “The Identity of the Titans and the Secret of the Wall”
- 26:33 – 27:22 (5) “Marley’s Warriors and Island Demons”
- Monday, Feb 27
- 25:25 – 26:14 (6) “Choosing the Future”
- 26:14 – 27:03 (7) “Footsteps of the Apocalypse”
As previously revealed, part 2 of Attack On Titan Final Season Part 3 will release later in 2023. The details regarding the release date of the second part will be revealed at a later date.
The staff from the previous editions of Attack on Titan: Final Season have returned this time too. The staff working on the anime includes:
- Director: Yuichiro Hayashi
- Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko
- Character Designs: Tomohiro Kishi
- Chief Anime Director: Manabu Akita
- Production Chief: Jun Shishido
- Animation Effects Director: Satoshi Sakai, Taichi Furumata
- Director of Photography: Shigeki Asakawa
- 3D Director: Motoi Okuno, Subaru Ikeda
MAPPA is in charge of animating Attack on Titan Final Season. The cast from the previous seasons will be reprising their roles in the anime.
Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 had ended leaving just 9 chapters of the manga left to be adapted in Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3.
The Final Season’s Part 2 premiered on Jan 9, 2022 in Japan. Crunchyroll and Funimation were streaming the episodes simultaneously as they aired. The dubbed version of Attack on Titan: Final Season part 2 began airing on Toonami on Feb 12, 2022.
Season 1-3 of the anime was produced by Wit Studio and season 4 by MAPPA.
Attack on Titan is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. The manga was serialized in Kodansha’s monthly shonen manga magazine Bessatsu Shonen Magazine from September 2009 to April 2021, with its chapters collected in 34 tankōbon volumes.
Attack on Titan has become a critical and commercial success. As of September 2022, the manga has over 110 million tankōbon copies in print worldwide, making it one of the best-selling manga series of all time. It has won several awards, including the Kodansha Manga Award, the Attilio Micheluzzi Award, and the Harvey Award.
In North America, the series was published in English by Kodansha USA.
Source: Official Website
©Hajime Isayama, Kodansha/”Attack on Titan” The Final Season Production Committee