The Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero movie has taken over the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie to become the no. 4 highest earning anime movie of all time in the United States.
The Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero movie is estimated to earn US$34,932,582 in its Labor Day weekend whereas Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie earned US$34,542,754.
The movie’s daily earnings are as follows:
- Thursday, August 18: US$4,303,671
- Friday, August 19: US$6,611,743
- Saturday, August 20: US$5,813,401
- Sunday, August 21: US$4,395,234
- Monday, August 22: US$1,514,414
- Tuesday, August 23: US$1,593,787
- Wednesday, August 24: US$1,053,705
- Thursday, August 25: US$910,359
- Friday, August 26: US$1,323,852
- Saturday, August 27: US$1,917,271
- Sunday, August 28: US$1,436,515
- Monday, August 29: US$421,776
- Tuesday, August 30: US$499,764
- Wednesday, August 31: US$347,090
- Friday, September 2: US$511,000 (estimated)
- Saturday, September 3: US$1,080,000 (estimated)
- Sunday, September 4: US$814,000 (estimated)
- Monday, September 5: US$394,000 (estimated)
The movie opened in over 4000 screens in over 3100 theatres which includes IMAX, 4DX, Dolby Cinemas, MX4D and DBox. The movie earned over 3.4 million USD in 327 IMAX screens which is a record in IMAX U.S opening for anime movies. The movies 17% of first weekends income comes from IMAX screening and 40% from all premium large format screenings which includes IMAX and its other competitors.
Box Office Mojo reported that the movie has made US$77,132,582 worldwide.
The anime movie released on August 18 in USA and has garnered $20.1 million in its opening weekend. The movie was released in 3,900 screen and around 3008 theatres across the country and is the no.1 movie at the US box office right now.
The movie has the third highest anime opening on the US weekend box office after Pokemon: The First Movie which earned US$31,036,678 in 1999 and Demon Slayer: Mugen Train which earned US$21,234,994 in 2021.
It is also the movie with the highest opening for an anime movie in US with it earning US$10.8 million on its first day. Whereas, the Demon Slayer: Mugen Train movie earned US$9.5 million and Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back earned US$10.1 million.
The movie also broke records of recent anime movie releases such as Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Quintessential Quintuplets, Free, etc.
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO is first-ever global release (outside of Japan) of Crunchyroll. The film will be released/releasing in more than 100 countries, with 13 dub and 29 subtitled languages.
Here’s the complete list of countries the movie will be releasing/released in along with their release dates:
- Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay – August 18
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom*, Ireland*, South Africa, Zambia, Vietnam – August 19
- India, Indonesia – August 26
- Malaysia, Brunei – August 30
- Philippines – August 31
- Singapore – September 1
- Taiwan – September 8
- South Korea – September 15
- Thailand, Hong Kong, Macao – September 29
*Preview screenings are available for the film in the United Kingdom and Ireland on August 17 and 18.
The English voice cast includes:
- Son Gohan – Kyle Hebert
- Son Goku – Sean Schemmel
- Son Goten – Robert McCollum
- Piccolo – Christopher R. Sabat
- Bulma – Monica Rial
- Vegeta – Christopher R. Sabat
- Krillin – Sonny Strait
- Trunks – Eric Vale
- Videl – Kara Edwards
- Pan – Jeannie Tirado
The new English voice cast includes:
- Dr. Hedo – Zach Aguilar
- Gamma 1 – Aleks Le
- Gamma 2 – Zeno Robinson
- Magenta – Charles Martinet
- Carmine – Jason Marnocha
Sony Pictures India revealed on Aug 19, 2022, that Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero movie will be getting a Hindi dub theatrical release in India. It will be the first anime movie to be dubbed in Hindi.
The Hindi voice cast for the movie includes:
- Sanchit Wartak (Son Gohan)
- Ankur Javeri (Son Goku)
- Rajashrie Sharma (Son Goten, Bulma)
- Shailendra Pandey (Piccolo)
- Prasad Barve (Vegeta)
- Mayur Vyas (Krillin)
- Anshul Saxena (Trunks)
- Parighna (Videl)
- Neshma Chemburkar (Pan)
- Shanoor Mirza (Dr. Hedo)
- Yudhvir Dahiya (Gamma 1)
- Rajesh Shukla (Gamma 2)
- Pawan Kalra (Magenta)
- Uplaksk Kochchar (Carmine)
The movie will now release in Hindi, English and Japanese on Aug 26, 2022. Sony Pictures Entertainment India will go all out to release Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO across 500 screens in the country.
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO is described by Crunchyroll as:
The Red Ribbon Army was once destroyed by Son Goku. Individuals, who carry on its spirit, have created the ultimate Androids, Gamma 1 and Gamma 2. These two Androids call themselves “Super Heroes”. They start attacking Piccolo and Gohan… What is the New Red Ribbon Army’s objective? In the face of approaching danger, it is time to awaken, Super Hero!
Crunchyroll and Sony Pictures are releasing the movie globally with the largest opening for an anime film ever. The movie is yet to release in India and several South Asian countries.
Source: Box Office Mojo