Streaming giant Crunchyroll & Toei Animation have officially revealed the global theatrical release dates for the worldwide anticipated film Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero on June 14, 2022.
First and foremost, they released the English dub version of Trailer 2 with the star cast of the popular Funimation dub cast starring Sean Schemmel & Christopher Sabat. Check it out!
The English voice cast includes:
- Son Gohan – Kyle Hebert
- Son Goku – Sean Schemmel
- Son Goten – Robert McCollum
- Piccolo/Vegeta – Christopher R. Sabat
- Bulma – Monica Rial
- Krillin – Sonny Strait
- Trunks – Eric Vale
- Videl – Kara Edwards
- Pan – Jeannie Tirado
Along with the main cast, the new voice actors chosen for this movie are as follows:
- Dr. Hedo – Zach Aguilar (Genos, One Punch Man / Tanjiro Kamado, Demon Slayer)
- Gamma 1 – Aleks Le (Zenitsu Agatsuma, Demon Slayer / Thorfinn, Vinland Saga)
- Gamma 2 – Zeno Robinson (Hawks, My Hero Academia)
- Magenta – Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario)
- Carmine – Jason Marnocha
The new cast members showed their excitement about being a part of the Dragon Ball franchise on Twitter.
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero was already confirmed to release in the United States on August 19, 2022. Now, Crunchyroll dropped the full list of release dates as follows:
- Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay – August 18
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom*, Ireland*, South Africa, Zambia, Vietnam – August 19
- India, Indonesia – August 26
- Malaysia, Brunei – August 30
- Philippines – August 31
- Singapore – September 1
- Taiwan – September 8
- South Korea – September 15
- Thailand, Hong Kong, Macao – September 29
*Preview screenings are available for the film in the United Kingdom and Ireland on August 17 and 18.
Additional global release dates for the film will be announced soon.
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, was scheduled to be released on April 22 in Japan and was slated to open in North America this summer, however, it was postponed due to the Toei Animation hack on March 6. The film is out in Japan on June 11.
The fully 3DCG film is being directed by Tetsuro Kodama at Toei Animation, and Naoki Satō is composing the music. Nobuhito Sue is the art director, Chikashi Kubota is the animation director, and Jae Hoon Jung is the CG director.
The movie has garnered over 5 Million USD in its opening weekend.
Dragon Ball Super Broly (2018) was a mega-hit with worldwide box office revenue of 13.5 billion Yen. 4 years later, in 2022, a new movie in the Dragon Ball Super series has finally arrived with an even greater “awakening”! The Red Ribbon Army, an evil organization that was once destroyed by Goku in the past, has been succeeded by a group of people who have created new and the strongest Androids ever, Gamma 1 & Gamma 2. They call themselves “superheroes” and begin to attack Piccolo, Gohan and the others. What is the true purpose of the new Red Ribbon Army?
With danger looming over the world, now is the time to wake up! Awaken, Super Hero!!
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is the 21st movie overall in the entire Dragon Ball franchise.