Crunchyroll subscribers had much to gripe about on Oct 11, 2022, as the streaming site crashed owing to the premiere of Chainsaw Man anime.
Tweets came pouring out as the streaming site went down just a couple of minutes after the anime was released on the platform.
While some believed Crunchyroll servers crashing was a testament to the popularity of Chainsaw Man anime, others were of the opinion that the streaming site’s servers were just too bad and that it has nothing to do with the anime’s popularity.
According to netizens, Chainsaw Man has now joined Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball Super, Re:Zero and One Piece as an anime that has made Crunchyroll’s servers crash.
Bleach fans also joined in, poking fun at Crunchyroll, saying that the anime shifted to Disney+ because Crunchyroll’s servers wouldn’t have been able to handle all the load when it premiered.
Incidentally, a lot of people had predicted that Crunchyroll’s servers would go down when Chainsaw Man anime premieres, because of the site’s poor track record in the past.
Chainsaw Man anime started airing in Japan on Oct 11, 2022.
Cast of the anime includes:
- Kikunosuke Toya as Denji
- Fairouz Ali as Power
- Tomori Kusonoki as Makima
- Shogo Sakata as Aki Hayakawa
- Shiori Izawa as Pochita
- Mariya Ise as Himeno
- Karin Takahashi as Kobeni Higashiyama
- Taku Yashiro as Hirokazu Arai
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Kishibe
- Maaya Uchida as Angel Devil
- Natsuki Hanae as Shark Fiend
- Yuya Uchida as Violence Fiend
- Saori Goto as Spider Devil
- Daiki Hamano as Katana Man
- Yo Taichi as Akane Sawatari
Ryu Nakayama is directing Chainsaw Man anime at MAPPA studio. Hiroshi Seko is writing the scripts, and Kazutaka Sugiyama is designing the characters.
Other staff members include:
- Kensuke Ushio: Music
- Makoto Nakazono: Chief Technical Director
- Tatsuya Yoshihara: Action Director
- Kiyotaka Oshiyama: Devil Design
- Yūsuke Takeda: Art Director
- Naomi Nakano: Key Color Artist
- Yohei Miyahara: Screen Design
Chainsaw Man anime will have 12 episodes with a different ending theme song for each episode.
The opening theme song of the anime KICK BACK, is performed by Kenshi Yonezu and is composed by King Gnu and Daiki Tsuneta (from Millenium Parade). Much to the fans delight, the opening theme of Chainsaw Man is filled with Film references, including Fujimoto’s favorite movie.