This year’s installation of the Harvey Awards announced on Oct 3, 2023, that Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man once again won the Best Manga category for the third time in a row.
The winner was revealed at New York Comic Con 2023.
The complete list of Best Manga nominees are as follows:
- Cat + Gamer by Wataru Nadatani, translated by Zack Davisson (Dark Horse Manga)
- Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto, translated by Amanda Haley (VIZ Media)
- Goodbye, Eri by Tatsuki Fujimoto, translated by Amanda Haley (VIZ Media)
- Shuna’s Journey by Hayao Miyazaki, translated by Alex Dudok de Wit (First Second)
- Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo, translated by Casey Loe (VIZ Media)
The Harvey Awards recognizes and honors exceptional works in the fields of comics and arts. It is one of comic industry’s oldest and most prestigious awards.
Though Harvey Awards began way back in 1988, the Best Manga category was only added in 2018. Before that, manga were nominated alongside other comics in the “Best American Edition of Foreign Material” category. Hajime Isayama’s Attack On Titan bagged an award in this category back in 2014.
Source: The Beat