Bungo Stray Dogs stage is coming back for a final stage play, titled Bungo Stray Dogs Cannibalism. Cannibalisms will be the eighth and the final chapter for the franchise’s stage play adaptations.
A new key visual featuring the cast members was revealed to commemorate the announcement.
All the cast from the previous play will be reprising their roles for final adaptation. Checkout the main cast below:
- Yuuki Torigoe as Atsushi Nakajima
- Rui Tabuchi as Osamu Dazai
- Teruma as Doppo Kunikida
- Sunkou Nagae as Ranpo Edogawa
- Kosuke Kuwano as Junichiro Tanizaki
- Jin Horinouchi as Kenji Miyazawa
- Sana Kuwae as Kyoka Izumi
- Miho Imamura as Akiko Yosano
- Akari Saito as Naomi Tanizaki
- Shuhei Izumi as Yukichi Fukuzawa
- Shohei Hashimoto as Ryunosuke Akutagawa
- Keisuke Ueta as Chuya Nakahara
- Sera Mutsuki as Koyo Ozaki
- Masakatsu Nemoto as Ougai Mori
Bungo Stray Dogs Cannibalism will open at Osaka’s COOL JAPAN PARK OSAKA WW from June 9-11, 2023. It will then be performed at Tokyo’s Nihon Seinenkan Hall from June 22, 2023, to July 2, 2023.
Norihito Nakayashiki is in charge of directing as well as scriptwriting the the stage play.
Bungo Stray Dogs is a Japanese manga series written by Kafka Asagiri and illustrated by Sango Harukawa, which has been serialized in Kadokawa Shoten’s seinen manga magazine Young Ace since 2012.
Multiple light novels have been published. An anime television series adaptation by Bones aired in 2016 in two parts, the first part aired between April and June 2016, and the second part aired between October and December 2016. An anime film, Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple, was released in March 2018. A third season aired between April and June 2019. A fourth season premiered in January 2023.
A spin-off television series adaptation of Bungo Stray Dogs Wan! aired from January to March 2021. A live-action film, Bungo Stray Dogs The Movie: Beast, was released in Japan in January 2022.