While the Quincy had launched a surprise attack on the soul society, in Bleach TYBW episode 16 the captains of the gotei 13 fight back against the invasion. The situation should have been very bleak for the soul reapers, thanks to the Quincies being able to steal bankais.
However, Urahara and Mayuri turned unlikely heroes as they found a way to work around this handicap.
The captains being able to use their bankai certainly was the biggest highlight of the previous episode, but Shinji Hirako, whose bankai was revealed for the first time in the previous episode, definitely was the show stealer. The captains unleashing their powers helped turn the tide of the battle in Seireitei’s favor. But, the Quincies were not ones to sit around and do nothing. They quickly retaliated with their Vollstandig.
Bleach TYBW episode 17 promises to be an action packed one, as both sides will try to wrestle control of the situation.
Bleach TYBW Episode 17 Preview:
The official website of Bleach revealed the the premise of Bleach TYBW Episode 17. It is as follows:
With the captains having regained their Bankai, it seemed like the tide had turned. However, the Sternritter’s Schutzstaffel, having unleashed the power of the Quincy’s Vollsständig, continued to corner the Soul Reapers even further. Hitsuji Shuhei, who had been dominating the battle with his reverse-blade technique, fell after being hit by Bambietta’s bombing attack. But then, Komamura Sajin, now clad in armor, returned to the scene. On the other side, as Kyouraku and Haschwalth silently faced each other, Haschwalth moved to disrupt the balanced situation of the battle. He praised Ise Nanao’s technique for accurately stopping his attacks.
Staff involved in Bleach TYBW episode 17 includes:
- Script: Masaki Hiramatsu
- Storyboard: Shinichiro Ueda
- Director: Shinichiro Ueda
- Animation Directors: Leo Kawamoto, Kazuo Takigawa, Seiko Asai
- Chief Animation Director: Kiyoshi Komatsubara
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 17 is titled “HEART OF WOLF”. The preview images for the episode are as follows:
Bleach TYBW Episode 17 Release Date & Time:
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War episode 17 will release on July 29, 2023. The release time of Bleach TYBW episode 17 is 23:00 p.m. JST.
For global audiences, the release time of the episode is as follows:
- Bleach TYBW episode 17 release time in United States: July 29, 2023, at 7:30 a.m. PDT/ 9:30 a.m. CDT/ 10:30 a.m. EDT
- Bleach TYBW episode 17 release time in United Kingdom: July 29, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. BST
- Bleach TYBW episode 17 release time in India: July 29, 2023, at 7:30 p.m. IST
- Bleach TYBW episode 17 release time in Australia: July 30, 2023, at 11:30 p.m. ACST
- Bleach TYBW episode 17 release time in France: July 29, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CEST
- Bleach TYBW episode 17 release time in Brazil: July 29, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. AMT/ 12:00 p.m. BRST
Where to watch Bleach TYBW Episode 17:
Bleach TYBW will simulcast on Hulu, Star+ and Disney+ in U.S., Latin America, and other other select countries. The simulcast will be available in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, and Italian subtitles.
Netflix will also be streaming the anime.
The anime will be officially airing on TV Tokyo in Japan.
More Info On Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 2:
Bleach TYBW is animated by Studio Pierrot. The cast and staff of the anime includes:
- Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki
- Masakazu Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Akio Ōtsuka as Shunsui Kyōraku
- Aoi Yūki as Liltotto
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Hideo Ishikawa as Jushiro Ukitake
- Soichiro Hoshi as Nianzol
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Yasutora Sado
- Houko Kuwashima as Sui-Feng
- Jun Fukuyama as Yumichika Ayasegawa
- Kaya Matsutani as Rangiku Matsumoto
- Kentaro Ito as Renji Abarai
- Masaya Onosaka as Shinji Hirako
- Nao Tōyama as Giselle
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibe Hyosube
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Ikkaku Madarame
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryu Ishida
- Tsuyoshi Koyama as Gerald
w.o.d. performed the opening theme song “STARS” for cour 2.
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War cour 1 aired in Japan on Oct 10, 2022.
The first cour of the anime ended on Dec 26, 2022, with a one-hour long special episode, combining episodes 12 and 13 of the anime.
It was previously revealed that anime will be split into four cours, with breaks in between.
Noriyuki Abe is directing the series at Studio Pierrot. He also scripted the series along with Masaki Hiramatsu.
VIZ Media describes the plot of Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War as:
Was it all just a coincidence, or was it inevitable?
Ichigo Kurosaki gained the powers of a Soul Reaper through a chance encounter. As a Substitute Soul Reaper, Ichigo became caught in the turmoil of the Soul Society, a place where deceased souls gather. But with help from his friends, Ichigo overcame every challenge to become even stronger.
When new Soul Reapers and a new enemy appear in his hometown of Karakura, Ichigo jumps back into the battlefield with his Zanpakuto to help those in need. Meanwhile, the Soul Society is observing a sudden surge in the number of Hollows being destroyed in the World of the Living. They also receive separate reports of residents in the Rukon District having gone missing. Finally, the Seireitei, home of the Soul Reapers, comes under attack by a group calling themselves the Wandenreich.
Led by Yhwach, the father of all Quincies, the Wandenreich declare war against the Soul Reapers with the following message: “Five days from now, the Soul Society will be annihilated by the Wandenreich.”
The history and truth kept hidden by the Soul Reapers for a thousand long years is finally brought to light.
All things must come to an end—as Ichigo Kurosaki’s final battle begins!