The Jump Festa ’22 Bleach panel event on Saturday, Dec 18, 2021, revealed a new promotional video and visual for the previously announced adaptation of the Final Arc in Bleach manga – “Thousand-Year Blood Arc”. The video reveals that the anime will premiere as a television anime in October 2022.
The event confirmed that the anime will cover the rest of the original manga up through its ending.
The event also revealed the show’s staff and cast.
Joining the original Bleach cast will be the following returning from the Bleach: Brave Souls game:
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibe Hyosube
- Yoji Ueda as Oetsu Nimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura as Tenjiro Kirinji
- Rina Sato as Senjumaru Shutara
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Yuichiro Umehara as Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Askin Nakk le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Yuki Ono as Bazz-B
- Yumi Uchiyama as Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Satoshi Hino as Lille Barro
The staffs include:
- Director and screenplay: Tomohisa Taguchi
- Character design: Masashi Kudo
- Music: Shiro Sagisu
- Studio: Pierrot
Original Bleach manga creator Tite Kubo released a celebratory visual on his Twitter account:
To commemorate 20 years of Bleach manga, an exhibition featuring art from Tite Kubo’s popular manga will be open on the 9th floor of Shibuya Hikarie in Tokyo from December 18, 2021, to January 16, 2022.
Tite Kubo’s Bleach follows the adventures of the hotheaded teenager Ichigo Kurosaki, who inherits his parents’ destiny after he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper—a death personification similar to the Grim Reaper—from another Soul Reaper, Rukia Kuchiki. His newfound powers force him to take on the duties of defending humans from evil spirits and guiding departed souls to the afterlife and set him on journeys to various ghostly realms of existence.